So are Spokane and Waco easier to recruit to than Iowa City???

I remember back in the day when Jeff Moe was playing, we were family friends of his sponsor. They regularly let Moe use there car, which is a violation. Cheating goes on all the time, it is just which program is willing to take higher risks.

In the end, my personality is one of high risk, high reward. I wish some of our donors would worry about buying good players instead of shitty punters.

Chet Holgrem the #1 recruit this year has Gonzaga as his #1 school right now. Kid is from Minnesota. If you havent seen him, you should. 7'1" that can shoot the 3 and can dribble.

Iowa not even in the picture.

Gonzaga just picked up the #1 player in this class in 7'1" Chet Holgrem. Kid is legit.

Wonder why Gonzaga is what we will never be?

Gonzaga just picked up the #1 player in this class in 7'1" Chet Holgrem. Kid is legit.

Wonder why Gonzaga is what we will never be?

I don't know. What were they 25 years ago? The first I remember them being anything was when they made that Cinderella run to the Elite 8 in 1999. Dan Monson moved on to Minnesota where he fell flat, but Mark Few took the reigns at Gonzaga, and they've been legit ever since. Reminds me of a Lickliter/Stevens situation pretty much to a tee. Both Iowa and Minnesota hired the wrong Butler/Gonzaga coaches.

In the case of college athletics, cheaters actually do win. Everyone know that Self, Boeheim, Calipari, Williams, etc are bending the rules or outright cheating, but nothing is ever done to them, so why would they stop. They are lionized on ESPN and other sports networks as Hall of Fame coaches (and all around great guys!). What do they have to lose?

In the case of college athletics, cheaters actually do win. Everyone know that Self, Boeheim, Calipari, Williams, etc are bending the rules or outright cheating, but nothing is ever done to them, so why would they stop. They are lionized on ESPN and other sports networks as Hall of Fame coaches (and all around great guys!). What do they have to lose?

Which makes me realize that I wouldn't feel the least bit bad if our coaches were bending the rules as well. No, it doesn't make it "right"... I'm just asking for a level playing field. If a level field means everyone is doing it cleanly, I'd be good with that, too, and that would be ideal, but... That isn't realistic. College sports are dirty as all hell. News flash, I know.

Latest posts