Smart Phone App

Lexhawk

Technical question. Droid 4 app still shows "Hawkeye Fame Film: Defensive Line vs ISU" as the most recent story on Hawkeye Nation app. I have tried to allow automatic updates and have tried to force updates. All to no avail. Any suggestions? Is there a reason the app does not update?

Technical question. Droid 4 app still shows "Hawkeye Fame Film: Defensive Line vs ISU" as the most recent story on Hawkeye Nation app. I have tried to allow automatic updates and have tried to force updates. All to no avail. Any suggestions? Is there a reason the app does not update?

The app is a goner for now with the format change Jon had to ax it, he just posted about the possibility of a furture paid app though.

I don't understand why you need the app.

Some people, myself included, do not have a computer at their house. I use my phone for all of my surfing needs. I do have one at work but get very limited time on it so the app was my main way to keep up with things

My gawd. I can not imagine what life would be like with no computer or tablet, and only a phone.
I mean, my phone is a hot-rod, but having it and only it for email, internet, etc etc?? Sheesh. No way.

Some people, myself included, do not have a computer at their house. I use my phone for all of my surfing needs. I do have one at work but get very limited time on it so the app was my main way to keep up with things

Why don't you just use your browser? That's what I do and most of my posts are from my phone.

My gawd. I can not imagine what life would be like with no computer or tablet, and only a phone.
I mean, my phone is a hot-rod, but having it and only it for email, internet, etc etc?? Sheesh. No way.

I've been meaning to ask you about your galaxy SIII, is the size a pain in the butt or does it work out okay?

I've been meaning to ask you about your galaxy SIII, is the size a pain in the butt or does it work out okay?

I have the S2, but it is so close in size to the S3 that I can answer your question...and no, it is not a pain whatsoever. It is thin and light and fits easily in a pocket.
Any pocket: a pants pocket, jorts pocket, or even the breast pocket of a short-sleeved plaid dress shirt, alongside your mechanical pencil, which is what you're really wondering about. :p ;)

I have the S2, but it is so close in size to the S3 that I can answer your question...and no, it is not a pain whatsoever. It is thin and light and fits easily in a pocket.
Any pocket: a pants pocket, jorts pocket, or even the breast pocket of a short-sleeved plaid dress shirt, alongside your mechanical pencil, which is what you're really wondering about. :p ;)
S111 IS thee ****

I bet you are one of these guys, though. Got that baby holstered like The Duke.

motorola-droid-oem-holster-1.jpg

I bet you are one of these guys, though. Got that baby holstered like The Duke.

motorola-droid-oem-holster-1.jpg

omfg NO
I have a D3O thingy, it's moar like a shell, it fits around the outside edge and covers the back, but I only use it when I travel
I ain't no batman utility belt mofo

My wife made me get one of these for my S3, apparently she thinks I am clumsy and break everything I touch (I do). I usually don't have it on though as it weighs about 50 pounds. Without the defender on it the phone is actually pretty light and doesn't get in the way, although at first it seemed as though I was carrying a laptop around in my pocket.

Anyone seen those military style cases that are water proof up to like 6 ft? My buddy got one and he's like "look man, I can take picture under water now!"

Yeah. That will happen. :rolleyes:

Plus it doubles the size of your phone. No thank you.

Anyone seen those military style cases that are water proof up to like 6 ft? My buddy got one and he's like "look man, I can take picture under water now!"

Yeah. That will happen. :rolleyes:

Plus it doubles the size of your phone. No thank you.

hahaha shirley, you're Joe King?