Small Ball

I would like to add, Iowa’s defense looked better for certain but let’s also point out that Texas Tech missed a ton of easy shots. Also they have a PG similar to Bohannon and not a lot of quicker penetrating guards. Basically Iowa matches up pretty good with them and our zone was effective because they really only had one shooter.

Another test tonight let’s see how it goes.

Love the small ball lineup ... different opponent tonight.

And that’s fine too. With Garza, Kriener, and Pemsl we have plenty of size and experience. RK didn’t get a lot of run last night but he could be a factor tonight.

If we do go small and sit in zone, imagine one of those 6’10 guys trying to guard Wieskamp.

Connor really impressed me last night. I like his leadership, his defense, his toughness, his passing... just don't shoot 3's.:p

He’s had those pluses since the day he put on the Iowa uniform. Yeah, that jumper just isn’t there and I am starting to wonder if it will ever be there.

You never want to have injuries or illnesses, but with Nunge and PMac being out and forcing Fran to shorten the bench is a good thing for this team. The starting 5 of Garza/Wieskamp/JBo/CJ/CMac is our best unit because of the shooting we have on the floor and the ability of CMac and Wieskamp and really CJ too to be able to matchup with 2's, 3's and small 4's. The weaknesses are of course CMac's shooting and what happens when a team has athletic or big and strong 4's. I love Joe off the bench, he has talent and I can see him guarding quick 1's like Simpson and will give us some great minutes, probably 18-20 in every game. Pemsl and Kreiner will pretty much be matchup/depth players and depending on the game their minutes should combine for about 20 per game. Evelyn hasn't shown me much of anything yet, so lets hope he can do something positive and be able to give us 8-10 minutes of rest for the starters.

I think JBo plays, because if he sits, what is different next year aside from everyone being a year older? Same team and I don't think we have any major contributors coming in right away.

Connor really impressed me last night. I like his leadership, his defense, his toughness, his passing... just don't shoot 3's.:p

Looks like to me that Connor is out to prove that he can shoot. He's taking too many bad shots early in the shot clock and the ball is staying in his hands too long. He has a toughness that iowa needs but needs to pass more & less thinking on offense. Give the ball to Garza! Go hawks.

Looks like to me that Connor is out to prove that he can shoot. He's taking too many bad shots early in the shot clock and the ball is staying in his hands too long. He has a toughness that iowa needs but needs to pass more & less thinking on offense. Give the ball to Garza! Go hawks.

Connor has shot a handful of wide open 3s early in the shot clock this year. Other than that I bet he hasn't taken more than 2 shots all year with the shot clock over 10.

Connor has shot a handful of wide open 3s early in the shot clock this year. Other than that I bet he hasn't taken more than 2 shots all year with the shot clock over 10.

This was the 1st close game of the season. That's when every posession counts. I have no problem with other proven shooters taking that shot early in the clock. I question it when its Connor & Fran won't pull him for the bad shots.

Latest posts