Slumpbuster?

bpiercehawks

The Gophers have been in games/leading games but they haven't finished this year. Their guards, who I like a lot, have been struggling. Please, someone, tell me that they won't shoot the lights out. Career night for whom? I think I'm a little negative/bitter about Hawkeye sports lately. Our NC/OSU wins were great, but I'd love to see this group show some toughness and play a nice stretch of basketball. Go Hawks!

Hawks need to play a full 40 minutes. I think they are the better team than Minnesota. So we should beat them, even on their home floor. But no lacklustre second half here.

We should own the paint. Shoot our normal percentage from the line and I predict a win. I think the Hawks get this one. I won't be disappointed if we get a split this week but 4-1 going into next week starts to get interesting.

As of now, the Goofers are a 4.5 point favourite. I find this surprising. Am I looking too much though biased eyes?

As of now, the Goofers are a 4.5 point favourite. I find this surprising. Am I looking too much though biased eyes?

Yes you are - 4.5 is generous to Iowa.

Roadie at the barn. A Hollins on the roster (who will go 60 - 80% f/3). Minny is a team "that's due".

I got Goofs winning 73-65.

For me all signs point to the Goofers breaking out in a big way against us. I hope the squad proves me wrong. Go Hawks!

I don't feel good about this one. Minnesota sitting at 0-4 and desperately needs a win. You aren't going to get many calls on the road. Minnesota is better than their record shows. It just isn't a good situation.

We'll see how tough this team is, by how they respond from the MSU loss. Hawks have to shoot above 35% from 3 to have a chance.

Minnesota - 74, Iowa - 67

Iowa is the gophers slump buster.....Hate to say it but Minnesota's man to man defense is going to make Iowa struggle offensively. The gophers are not as bad as their record and should not be overlooked. Hopefully the hawks can keep it close instead of giving up in the second half. It is a coin flip game.

Yes you are - 4.5 is generous to Iowa.

Roadie at the barn. A Hollins on the roster (who will go 60 - 80% f/3). Minny is a team "that's due".

I got Goofs winning 73-65.

Please don't tell me that we had the lead at 65-64 w/2:03 left in the game, and they go on a 9-0 run.....:p

Goofs haven't beaten anyone with a pulse this season, and lost to some with no pulse. That said, it's a push for me. Goofs are a bottom 1/2 team.....we might be too.

I thought a slump buster was when you haven't had any in a long time and you find a fatty at the bar and you take her home just to break the streak? No? Ok never mind