Slive: "I could get to 16 in 15 minutes."

I heard that the real reason they're not letting high school teams play on the Texas network is because they didn't want viewers to get confused, thinking it was Iowa State playing.

Clemson, Georgia Tech, Miami, and Florida St. would murder their mothers to get out of that feeble basketball conference and into the SEC.

GT left the sec because of oversigning you fool, what makes you think they want to rejoin at this point? The sec is not a great conference. They are good at football because of NFL style roster management.

GT left the sec because of oversigning you fool, what makes you think they want to rejoin at this point? The sec is not a great conference. They are good at football because of NFL style roster management.

And WWF style officiating to guarantee the champion a spot in the BCS title game.

The SEC is not a great conference? Really? This is what you people have come to?

The SEC is great because the best players live (or want to live) in the south, and the best coaches go where the best players are. Simple as that.

Look at your first post, did you mean the ACC is a "feeble" football conference? Otherwise ICHawkI is correct and the SEC isn't a very good basketball conference and it surely isn't better than the ACC.

I believe, he's calling it a feeble, basketball conference. AKA Not a football conference.

No, Bobby Dodd left the SEC because of oversigning...50 years ago. I bet anything that the attitudes ($$$$$$$$) over at the distinguished Georgia Institute of Technology have changed since 1963. They would jump at the invitation like a bullfrog on a hot-plate.

He could get to 16 in 15 minutes, but he hasn't yet. If the SEC wanted anybody, they would have done it by now.

The problem is that all these conferences saw the WAC miserably fail as a 16-team conference in the '90's. It was a very different era and a mid-major, but that will linger in the back of the mind of any commissioner that thinks of expanding. It would be a high risk move. Unlike 12-team conferences, which can clearly work, a 16-team conference has never worked before. Just as everyone wants to be the guy that succeeds first, no one wants to be the guy that leads to the destruction of the SEC or Big 10.
Also, a big issue is that, unlike a 12 team conference who plays a rotating 8 game conference schedule that included different teams every so often from the other division, it is tough to schedule. Essentially, you have 2 eight team conferences that play for a conference title. That is, unless you can start scheduling more conference games and less non-conf., which will cut into home game revenue profits.

That is unless the NCAA allows teams to add additional games. But since a playoff supposedly extends the season too long, I don't think they would allow that.

If A&m wants to be butt hurt babies and arent okay with being mediocre with a good season here and there in the big 12... good riddance you'll be having KU/Colorado type results with maybe a mediocre season here and there in the SEC.

Latest posts