Slightly Different Time for Big Ten Tourney

TecmoSuperHawk

For the better, the Big Ten has changed the start time for the opening round games. Instead of the first game being played at 11am, it will start at 1:30. Game 2 will be at 4:00 and Game 3 will be at 6:30.

I think this is great so that people can watch at least one full game without having to take off work. Plus the prime time exposure is always better. Iowa will likely play in the 7 vs. 10 game at 4:00.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/big10/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/big10-mbb-tourney-bracket.pdf

It is only 2.5 hours but it will make a four day run to the title like Iowa in 2001 just that much more difficult with a little less rest between day one and day two games...but I like it for viewing purposes. Of course, I would love to see the hawks get up to the 9 seed and play the 8 seed in that first game...maybe get Michigan instead of NW or Minny...of course,Michigan has destroyed us in the tourny the last two seasons...but that just means we are due.

I want no part of Michigan in the tourney again. Pretty sure we have never beat them in the BTT. I'd take my chances with NW or Minny.

I wonder what seed Iowa would get if they somehow managed to win the big 10 tourney. Would they stick a major conference team with a 15 or 16 seed?

I wonder what seed Iowa would get if they somehow managed to win the big 10 tourney. Would they stick a major conference team with a 15 or 16 seed?

If I had to make a guess, I would say 14, but considering our complete lack of quality wins, 15 wouldn't surprise me. I can't imagine 16.

I want no part of Michigan in the tourney again. Pretty sure we have never beat them in the BTT. I'd take my chances with NW or Minny.

Seems like we get Michigan just about every year, and each time, it has been UGLY. I think you are right - I can't remember beating them.

Iowa is 0-4 vs UM in the BTT. Wisconsin is the only other team Iowa was a losing record to in the BTT (1-2)

Last edited:
I looked it up:

2-0 vs MINN
2-0 vs IU
1-0 vs PSU
1-0 vs NW
2-1 vs MSU
2-1 vs PU
2-2 vs OSU
1-2 vs UW
0-4 vs UM

Iowa has never played Illinois in the BTT.

Depends on how many wins Iowa gets the rest of the way. For argument's sake, lets say they win 2 more this year. They end up 10-21 on the year, 14-21 after the BTT. That would put them likely at a 15 seed, maybe 16 seed. Just depends on the RPI. They'd get some quality wins if they won the BTT.

Iowa is 0-4 vs UM in the BTT. Wisconsin is the only other team Iowa was a losing record to in the BTT (1-2)

Ans that is only because of that buzzer beating 40 ft heave by Alando tucker to beat the Hawks in 05....still ****** about that one.
As for michigan...I think they put the hex on the Hawks in the BTT when they beat Iowa in that inaugural BTT in 1998 in Chicago...I was there...Tractor Traylor and his crew upset #4 seed Iowa as a #5 seed and since then Michigan has owned the Hawks in the BTT...Wolves won the tourny that year and slipped into the NCAA tourny...then did not make it again til last year...talk about lost decades...screw it...we are due to beat them...I suspect we will beat them at CHA later this month also...bring'em on..

Latest posts