Slayton Lives!

KWOODHAWK

New roster posted on Hawkeye website and Slaton is listed as a Sr at 133 with Marion being listed as a Jr at 141. Wow! Guess some secretary is gonna get a talking to for this clerical error. I Guess? huh.

I misread Joe's last name and added a y as hawkeyescott noticed. I have since corrected my error for accuracy.

Last edited:
That is definitely interesting! The LONG time wrestling secretary has retired though and I'm not sure if that postition has been filled full time.

And anyone got any info on Mathew Gurule, Fr at 125? And internet rumor of Walt Gilmore walking on and he's not listed. 37 names total.

From what I know, my son said that Walt is suppose to be wrestling hope this answers that question. I think you will see an update roster following the initial first few days of school.

Thanks NewHawksfamily. Appreciate the inside info. Good to hear. Are you getting anxious to hear from Mike how it goes when he starts rolling around the mat with the other guys?

We have been getting things together and packing. Mike thought it was cool to see his name on the roster today. I was a great feeling to say the least. I am sure it will take the new recruits a few days or weeks to get going especially my son who has taken the summer off for the first time in years to enjoy and get ready for the grind. To ask if we will be anxious to hear how he does, you bet we will be. I hope everyone will be our eyes and ears and keep us posted. As for now Mike and Bobby, they will be arriving sometime Monday. They both will have a wild week with us parents moving the boys in and going to orientation. The toughest part will be for us to say goodbye.

We have been getting things together and packing. Mike thought it was cool to see his name on the roster today. I was a great feeling to say the least. I am sure it will take the new recruits a few days or weeks to get going especially my son who has taken the summer off for the first time in years to enjoy and get ready for the grind. To ask if we will be anxious to hear how he does, you bet we will be. I hope everyone will be our eyes and ears and keep us posted. As for now Mike and Bobby, they will be arriving sometime Monday. They both will have a wild week with us parents moving the boys in and going to orientation. The toughest part will be for us to say goodbye.

Newhawks, I'll echo others by saying it's great to have you on the forum. I think you'll like it here. And it's great to hear you and Mike's point of view on things. As hawk fans, we're so excited to have you be part of the family. I hope he's one of the next hawk greats.

He will do great things here newhawksfamily and we're all excited to see him in action! Don't worry we'll keep an eye on him for you! :)

Welcome to the Hawkeyes, Newhawksfamily! We're always excited for families get on here and chat with us. I hope your son, and all your family, have wonderful experiences in Iowa. If you want to be the best, you've got to wrestle the best. Your son has come to the right place.

We're a loyal tribe, so say the least. I hope that future fans tell and retell of your son's victories, like we retell the accomplishments of other Hawkeye wrestling legends over the last 100 years.

Our family is overwhelmed by the kindness shown here and what we have already experienced in Iowa City when we visited last October. Mike is excited and looking forward to the once in a lifetime experience. Thanks for making our family feel so welcome.

Latest posts