Site Server & Security Update/News

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I believe we have found a plan that will suit our needs, with Godaddy.com. The security aspects of this plan are excellent, and while nothing is 100% effective, it will be a huge upgrade over what we have now with our present host.

The security aspects are top drawer important to me, so the $$ I am investing there is money well spent. I think we should also see more consistent page loading times, as the server we are going to is a beast and the monthly GB draw we will get is more than double what we are presently using, and we will divert some of that to memory and processing.

We'll likely make the switch the week after the Minnesota game.

Thanks for your patience...we will continue to stay on top of site security until we make the switch. If you see any pop ups, don't click on those, and things will be fine, but do let me know if you see something like that.

We appreciate your visiting the site each day and believe this change is in everyone's best interest.

GoDaddy was founded by Bob Parsons who used to own Parsons Technology that was headquartered in Cedar Rapids. My uncle worked for him for many years. I think he's a big Hawk fan too.

I have been using godaddy for 5 years and think that they are absolutely fantastic. They have the best customer service I have ever encountered. At one point last year, a representative from godaddy called me, told me that I signed up for a service two years earlier that I had not been using, and refunded all of the money I had paid for that service. On another occassion, a knowledgable godaddy IT person helped me resolve an issue that, come to find out, was not related to godaddy's services. Very pleased with godaddy, and not just because of their commercials.

safecount.net pop up comes up all the time for me and it follows the screen as you go down

Yes, as I said, if you see any pop ups do not click on them. We'll get it removed, but things like this are due to lax security on the part of our current host. It's time for us to leave them. CycloneFanatic did the same thing this week re: leaving existing host, which was the same company.

Yes, as I said, if you see any pop ups do not click on them. We'll get it removed, but things like this are due to lax security on the part of our current host. It's time for us to leave them. CycloneFanatic did the same thing this week re: leaving existing host, which was the same company.

Jon, I'm in the IT world myself and would be interested to know the name of the company you are leaving so I can make sure to avoid them when my server contract is set to expire and I start shopping around. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts