Site Bugs/Glitches thread

I just got some audio ads that started playing without me clicking them. There must have been two of them also because I could hear a delay that made it sound like an echo. Couldn't find the ad to shut it off either.

Using Chrome on Win 7. I usually rock the Droid now and must say that's been awesome Jon.

site no longer functions properly on Opera Mini 6 on blackberry :(

used to be stellar, and now...doesn't work at all
I'm not happy

I'm having all sorts of issues with IE 4 on my Win 98 box. Anybody else having issues? Shortly I'll try it with my NT 4 rig and IE 5.5. I suspect it will be better then.

OK4P - I too have issues with Navigator. What version you have?

I'm having all sorts of issues with IE 4 on my Win 98 box. Anybody else having issues? Shortly I'll try it with my NT 4 rig and IE 5.5. I suspect it will be better then.

OK4P - I too have issues with Navigator. What version you have?

LOL. Nice

Jon, Can you do something about the video ads? I'm trying to listen to internet radio, last thing I need is a voice ad for women's shaving supplies. The other folks in the office are asking questions. Thanks

Two issues:

- There are so many processes (mainly to ad servers) when I now open pages that it can take 10-15 secs to be able to access the page itself (ie, scroll down, etc.). Perhaps the price of a free site, but a bit frustrating.

- I, too, listen to internet radio. There are times when I'm on HN that the internet radio feed sounds garbled, echo, breaks up. Guessing it may have something to do with two instances of Flash running in the same browser (even though on separate tabs).

OS is Win XP SP3. Browser usually is Chrome.

Is there supposed to be a dropdown for the list of forums when you hover the mouse pointer over "forums"? If so, it doesn't seem to be happening... I'm using IE9.

Is there supposed to be a dropdown for the list of forums when you hover the mouse pointer over "forums"? If so, it doesn't seem to be happening... I'm using IE9.

Yes, the word Forums in the head bar above the forums. The dropdown shows up for me on Chrome, FF and Safari as well as an IE9 emulator.

If I click fourms and happen to run the mouse over that tab again, the list shows up and does not go away, covering part of the page.
When I try and use the back button on the ie explorer, HN does not like to let me just go back a page, click on a thread and just want to go back to fourms, but instead have to go up and click fourms again.
Cant upload pics.

things seem better now, JD. Even on my BB with Opera mini. If you did something, thanks.

In order to create new threads from my smart phone I sometimes view the site in an internet window instead of using the ap. Just recently I have been unable to toggle from "mobile" view to full view. It used to let me do this but it won't seem to work anymore.

Latest posts