Silver Linings

Hawkeyes5

We shot 33% from the field, horrible from 3 pt range, Garza had "off night" shooting, turnovers were limited but yet here we are celebrating a tough fought victory.... this team has pure grit.
Who can honestly say they saw us at 15-5 @this point w/o jbo and Nunge oh and Pmac?

We shot 33% from the field, horrible from 3 pt range, Garza had "off night" shooting, turnovers were limited but yet here we are celebrating a tough fought victory.... this team has pure grit.
Who can honestly say they saw us at 15-5 @this point w/o jbo and Nunge oh and Pmac?

How does a team win shooting 15% from 3-land?!

Pure grit

Wisconsin allowed a 17-2 run. They fell apart offensively. Then to top off the terrible stretch they get t'd up for sticking a hand between a man's legs.

Like how, what, ah.. maybe he was trying to coax the ref into calling a moving screen?

Wisconsin allowed a 17-2 run. They fell apart offensively. Then to top off the terrible stretch they get t'd up for sticking a hand between a man's legs.

Like how, what, ah.. maybe he was trying to coax the ref into calling a moving screen?
You are seriously going there? Do you serious give an ef how we won? So you would be happy if we played flawless and lost

As it stands, Iowa is a good team. Just how good/great they can be will be shown in how well they do on the road in remaining Big Ten games.

Brad Davison punched Connor in the groin with a balled up fist. He did the same thing to a Marquette player earlier in the season. He isn’t able to flop anymore so he came up with this as a replacement. I’m glad the officials are wise to his dirty plays. The guy will never be an NBA player. If he does play like that for an European team, they will beat his ass. If I was a coach, I would direct my players to smash an elbow in his face if he tried that crap. I’d take the technical every time, but he will stop if he sees there will be payback. Especially if his nose is broken and has to wear a mask. I can’t stand dirty players. There will be blood.

Ironically Wisconsin can do us a huge favor by knocking off Sparty on Saturday.

We steal one in Maryland as well, take care of business against Illinois and, well...!

How does a team win shooting 15% from 3-land?!
You have to look at who attempted the three point shots. Conner Mc was 0 for 6 , Evelyn, Kreiner and Toussaint were all 0's. Weiskamp, and Fredericks made the only 3's. Wisconsin knew who to concentrate on defensively. If Iowa has 3 more 3 pointers it isn't a close game.

When we play lineups that dont include Pemsl or Evelyn, our offensive efficiency is as good as anyone in the country. This doesn't mean that we are always scoring points, it means we get what we want and get good shots. Sometimes there are nights when they all go in and sometimes they dont. But we always put a tremendous amount of pressure on the defense.

Wisconsin's gameplan almost worked. Slow the game down by running out the shot clock, disrupt flow with fouling, take care of the ball, hope to shoot well and pressure us to speed up our offense and take bad shots. But all of that comes at a cost. They ran the shot clock down but then couldn't consistently get good looks and were just hoping to have someone make a play and they couldn't. And all those fouls add up, and while the first 6 slows us down from 7 on they paid.

To me, the parameters are three point shooting, turnovers and foul shot attempts. We are so good offensively a team is going to have to win 2 of those parameters to beat us. Home or away.

Latest posts