SIAP: Last time a team won 2 consecutive buzzer beaters?

Luke Recker in the Big 10 tournament. What's crazy is I'm pretty sure we've only won on 2 buzzer beaters since then. And that was 17 years ago or so.

The year that Moses beat Indiana with the overtime tip in, we lost
the previous game at the buzzer against Wisconsin.

In an almost identical situation to last night, Kevin Smith put us up with a triple with about three seconds to go, then Brian Good, who looked more like your tax accountant than a B1G player, drilled one from the right wing at the buzzer. Game Badgers.

The thing about the Recker buzzer beaters was we were tied in both of them. It's way crazier if you're losing at the time. Of course it being a tournament made it better tho too. I accidently punched my ceiling after the Indiana one. Busted my hand open a bit.

giphy.gif

The thing about the Recker buzzer beaters was we were tied in both of them. It's way crazier if you're losing at the time. Of course it being a tournament made it better tho too. I accidently punched my ceiling after the Indiana one. Busted my hand open a bit.

Watch Indiana's last possession before Recker wins it. They get many chances to take the lead. Then, Iowa gets the timeout with Recker going out of bounds which isn't allowed anymore. Be careful watching this one again. :)

Watch Indiana's last possession before Recker wins it. They get many chances to take the lead. Then, Iowa gets the timeout with Recker going out of bounds which isn't allowed anymore. Be careful watching this one again. :)

Thank God I live in a house with taller ceilings now.

The year that Moses beat Indiana with the overtime tip in, we lost
the previous game at the buzzer against Wisconsin.

In an almost identical situation to last night, Kevin Smith put us up with a triple with about three seconds to go, then Brian Good, who looked more like your tax accountant than a B1G player, drilled one from the right wing at the buzzer. Game Badgers.

I remember both games. Thought Iowa made a big comeback in the last few minutes against UW.. And then dagger. Then I think Iowa was down something like 16 at IU and came back to win in OT. Mr. Davis's teams were never really out of a game.

Then there was the Andy Kauffman game at Illinois. Ugh. I was freaking pissed. Nice to see some of these go our way for once. :)

Dolphin, seen in mid-call at the scorers table around 0:45 in the video, certainly looked a lot younger then.

Seventeen years fly by quickly.

Latest posts