SIAP: ISU starter named.

It's Richardson. Does this help Iowa (since we've played him-familiarity)?

http://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/557983

Not really. I think both QB's are pedestrian at best, and downright terrible at worst. ISU's offense is going to stay stuck in the mud if they have to rely on either of them. They had better hope that Lanning, or a FR or incoming QB can develop by next year. Sorry, but they just aren't talented enough.

Audience-clapping.gif

and the ISU faithful go absolutely certifiable......

Given the QB usage in Rhodes tenure, there is a good chance he is benched by game 3.

edit: hawkeyemike beat me to it.

Yep, Rhodes is a lot like Steve Spurrier with the way he pulls QB's, except you know without the ability to get good QB play out of any of them.

Rotating QBs is part of the ISU fan's constant hope.

When they start a scrub QB the last two games of 2013, the fans spend all of the offseason talking him up as the new solution, and use it to justify predictions of 7 wins. When it ends up being Richardson, they can all tell themselves that he is the most experienced, thus justifying 7 wins.

When Richardson gets benched in week 4, their fans can tell themselves that the other guy will turn things around. When Richardson re-earns the starting job in week 10, they'll tell you that his time on the sidelines really taught him some things about the offense, and that he'll be better this time.

When they start a scrub QB the last two games of 2013, the fans spend all of the offseason talking him up as the new solution, and use it to justify predictions of 7 wins. When it ends up being Richardson, they can all tell themselves that he is the most experienced, thus justifying 7 wins.

When Richardson gets benched in week 4, their fans can tell themselves that the other guy will turn things around. When Richardson re-earns the starting job in week 10, they'll tell you that his time on the sidelines really taught him some things about the offense, and that he'll be better this time.
Best analysis I've read all off season. Spot on. ;)

I am guessing with the new OC will see more quick-hit type passes from ISU ... To help eliminate pressure up front ... Don't see him having too much success against us downfield ... You never know though ... he is a year older ... new OC ... I doubt he will be worse than last year ... He is not much of a threat to run ...

It's all part of the CPR genius. He may not know how to win football games, but with the help of his buddy JP, they keep the clown fan base interested, and more fans show up for the games then you would expect considering how poor the product is on the field. The formula is something like this:

Creating false hope + cheap tickets + natty light + delusional fan base = butts in seats (or grass)

They play NDSU and KSU before the Hawks. I'd say there's a pretty damn good chance Richardson gets banged up before the Hawks even have to face him. Even if he's 100% he isn't very good. Of course Steele Jantz wasn't either and he decided to play out of his mind for one day against the Hawks. Either way, the chances of that happening are slim to none. Richardson has shown he's prone to injury, and he's an average QB at best.

Everyone should know what Iowa's strategy is going to be. Run, run, run. Keep their offense off the field. Run the clock, and take away their ***** *** defenses man cards. As long as the Hawks are running the ball they aren't stopping it, and their offense isn't on the field. Richardson really shouldn't make a difference whatsoever.

They play NDSU and KSU before the Hawks. I'd say there's a pretty damn good chance Richardson gets banged up before the Hawks even have to face him. Even if he's 100% he isn't very good. Of course Steele Jantz wasn't either and he decided to play out of his mind for one day against the Hawks. Either way, the chances of that happening are slim to none. Richardson has shown he's prone to injury, and he's an average QB at best.

Everyone should know what Iowa's strategy is going to be. Run, run, run. Keep their offense off the field. Run the clock, and take away their ***** *** defenses man cards. As long as the Hawks are running the ball they aren't stopping it, and their offense isn't on the field. Richardson really shouldn't make a difference whatsoever.

I agree with most of what you said here, But I do believe Richardson is a very good quarter back when healthy. Which has been only one game. Tom Herman called him one of the smartest players he was ever around. So I do hope are offense is hot and defense is playing great.

I agree with most of what you said here, But I do believe Richardson is a very good quarter back when healthy. Which has been only one game. Tom Herman called him one of the smartest players he was ever around. So I do hope are offense is hot and defense is playing great.

Which game was that? His win against a TERRIBLE Tulsa team or his win against an even TERRIBLER KU team?

Last edited:

Smart doesn't equal good.

Some of the posters here are just the same. They think Beatithard with a stronger arm will maybe make Iowa sexy!

No, the Clone defense helps us though
This is the correct answer. Richardson wouldn't even have played against Iowa if they had any other conceivable option. He had significant injury. He's a upgrade from what they have had down there the past few years. I'm not playing Cyclone delusional but offensively they will be significantly improved. The prior O-Line coach was a huge factor in their demise. Hard to believe it but the under classman are markedly improved and they have done a great job of red shirting most of the freshman the past two seasons. They are still ISU and I hope we roll them but don't put this in as a gimmie just yet.

Latest posts