SIAP: I am friggin pumped!

Eda

I am ready for the game tomorrow. The layoff between last regular season game and the bowl games are always way too long. I am sure the players feel the same.

I want to see how the players and coaches react to the season (especially the ending). I want to see how they handle the "sec talent". Most importantly, I'm excited to see the boys play one last time before the long off season hits.

Wish i I could be there.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:
That makes one of us. In years past I would have been at the game or taken the afternoon off to watch........not tomorrow.

Would rather be kidnapped by ISIS than watch Kirk rotate QB's in the 13th game of the year and watch our 2 play run zone scheme featuring as Jon said......."a fullback lead blocking for a fullback."

Wake me up when Capt. Special Ed. is gone.

That makes one of us. In years past I would have been at the game or taken the afternoon off to watch........not tomorrow.

Would rather be kidnapped by ISIS than watch Kirk rotate QB's in the 13th game of the year and watch our 2 play run zone scheme featuring as Jon said......."a fullback lead blocking for a fullback."

How will you know what to complain bout if you don't watch?

I would rather watch Kirk rotate QB's than watch him not rotate QB's at this point.

I'll watch, but I won't let it ruin my day off if that unstoppable sec speed is too much. Should we win, I'll be all like: Hmmmmmm, that's nice. Grab me another beer.
lucy-smoking-gif.gif

I've been to virtually every bowl game, since 1996, and this is the most apathetic fan base at a bowl game, that I have ever seen.
If the fans were playing, it would be Tennessee in a blow-out.
But it's the players, and probably 99% of the roster doesn't have a bowl win (losing to Oklahoma, no bowl and losing to LSU).
With the Big Ten going 5-4 (despite being underdogs in all 10 bowl games), there is a little more motivation for this game.

Tennessee is a very young team. Iowa is really only very young at the lineback position.
None of this Tennessee roster has played in a bowl game, but have played at Alabama, so the dump that is Everbank Field won't be intimidating.
At the beginning of the season, I would say this matchup would be Iowa -21.
With CJ getting some reps and the team having an empty trophy case plus no bowl wins, since the 2010 season,
I'm now leaning, Iowa will win 21-13, but it will feel like a struggle.

Had to get back to work today......plan on getting out in time for kick off. Our tailgating crew has been sending up pictures and updates. Excited to see the Hawks play one last game......and hopefully, push the B1G to 6-4!

I am not pumped.....just not feeling it. Only the second Iowa bowl game where I am watching it by myself. Foot long sub, adult beverage or two, feet up on the couch that is about it. More pumped for the Steeler playoff game tommorrow.

Only reason to watch is to see if CJ plays, I think the only reason KF even threw it out there was drum up interest in this thing.

god I can't wait to be rid of this incumberance possing as a coach.

Only reason to watch is to see if CJ plays.

This. Over and over this. That is the only really interesting thing about it. And really, that only got really interesting with the revelation that the QB position is being considered "open" by the coaches and the Beathard interview comments. Really couldn't care much less about the game itself as I think the season is a lost cause, but REALLY hoping CJ absolutely lights it up and creates at least SOME excitement in Iowa football.

Not to hi-jack this thread, but excited for the Steeler's game too. Interested to see if Bell will be able to play. This game is ALWAYS a knock down, drag out, fight!

I hope CJ is given a fair chance in play calling by whatever reps he sees, and JR sees a wider field.

I hope our offense isn't as stale and unexciting as it was ALL season long, and plays with an urgency.

I hope our special teams does at least an avg job of returning and covering kicks/punts. (if you saw Alabama last night, than you saw how important a good punter and field position can be!...which made OSU's win that much more impressive)!

I hope our D can play with some emotion and swagger, and make tackles and plays!

Unlike the bowl matchups we've been in the last 3 outings, we are paired with a similarly matched, and potentially beatable team. I also hope If we do win, it will be soundly, as we've seen the SEC is not as dominating this year, because beating a 6-7 team will not be that satisfying to begin with (compared to Mizzou win, and the OK and LSU teams we lost to).

I think in spite of any qb and play calling debates that WE WILL WIN, it's just a matter of how we will "look" doing it!

GoHawks!

Yes for me as well not the same intensity. There is no get together to watch this as my other Hawk buds are also less excited. Will watch and hopefully the game will get us excited for a change. Boy we need a shot of something in HN, it is not the atmosphere we are used to is it? Damn I hope that there is real discussion between our HC and AD on this program after this game.

I fully expect Kirk to open things up today. What I am interested in, is whether he continues to do this next season, or if he pulls the offense back into its shell.

Latest posts