SIAP - Howe throws one up and in.

Spot on article by Rob! I'll go back to what fromer Ohio St. WR Cris Carter said on Mike and Mike one morning and that was.....If you play a conservative style, your going to lose 4 to 5 games a year in most situations, simply because the bounce of the ball is going to go the other way at times. It's a coin flip. What I think Ferentz has neglected to do is readjust his program for the talent it now has. When he took over the program with less talent he had to play it close and conservative to stay in games. Now he does the same thing, but now Iowa has as much talent as the teams they are playing, if not more and he keeps those teams in the game with his conservative approach. It's then a 50-50 game.

Howe took a shot at Fran the other night too.

That I felt was a little undeserved as was his diatribe on DJK, but this was a home run.

I'm not sure what all the negativism on this board accomplishes. Does this board want a new coach? It is not going to happen so long as Ferentz leads them to bowl games. Sorry, but it is not happening.

If Iowa goes 5-7 next year, then you might have a shot.

Why not support this year's team and get excited about the bowl game? I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. We look like a bunch of spoiled fans (which I really think we are).

And let's not talk about the Hawkeyes being bowl eligible for each of the last 11 years. More than seventy teams go to the postseason, not to mention that the Hawkeyes play seven home games, two of which are against cream puffs.

98% of BCS teams play 2 cream puffs every year

BCS top 5. Some actually played 4 cream puffs

LSU: NW St, W. Kentucky
Alabama: N. Texas, Georgia Southern, Kent State
Arkansas: Missouri St., New Mexico, Troy
Okie State: La-Lafayette, Tulsa
Va Tech: App State, Arkansas St., Marshall, E. Carolina

Howe took a shot at Fran the other night too.

That I felt was a little undeserved as was his diatribe on DJK, but this was a home run.

I was at the Campbell game and Fran deserves some criticism. Allowing players to continue to play giving half-*** efforts is unacceptable. Not calling a timeout and waiting for the officials Timeout when Campbell started to increase the lead over a 3 minutes span. I was ****** that Iowa never called a timeout. lead went from 5 to 16.

East Carolina is not a cupcake team - an OT loss to Marshall this season will end a five year run of bowl games for them.

Arkansas State went undefeated in the Sun Belt and lost only to VA Tech and Illinois away and was NOT embarrassed by either.

Not the definition of a cream puff this year.

5-7 and 6th in C-USA is a cupcake IMO. This isnt Skips team...

So Skip would have actually beat Vtech instead of losing by seven? BTW USC wouldn't agree with you either when they were down by 17 to EC to open the season.

Arkansas State went undefeated in the Sun Belt and lost only to VA Tech and Illinois away and was NOT embarrassed by either.

Not the definition of a cream puff this year.

Va Tech: App State, Marshall

There, still played 2 cupcakes

Va Tech: App State, Marshall

There, still played 2 cupcakes

Tulsa is not a cupcake either.

The only difference between Sat's game and Custer's Last Stand is that Coach Ferentz has to look at film of his team's performance on Monday.

Coach F. should send McNutt a big Thanksgiving turkey thanking him for his decision earlier this year to return for another year. Not sure we would have even earned a .500% season without him. He was the closest thing to "explosive" as the Hawk's offense has been able to exhibit for quite some time and that's not saying much.

11-2, 8-5, 7-5, and another year of hope.

P.S. Our talent is equal or better than most we have played this year? I would not be in agreement with that statement......therein lies one of the key shortfalls of this staff and a reason why we get the results we do.

Latest posts