SI Projects Garza at 7.7 PPG & 4.4 RPG

The only thing that would hold Garza from those numbers (or better) is a crowded front court.
Yup I think there's more than a few players on this team capable of putting up 20 on any given night. I could see Garza putting up 17 one night and 4 the next. How the rotations go who plays and how much will really determine a lot. The good thing about having so many guys that can put the ball in the basket is if someone is off there's two guys that can pick him up. Replacing Joks scoring won't be an issue at all I don't think. Even without him during that stretch last year I thought they played pretty well.

The only thing that would hold Garza from those numbers (or better) is a crowded front court.

Good point. They have several options at the 4/5 but all but Garza are really 4s. In the modern game, that works if you can get one of the 4s to D up like Draymond Green. If we see that, Garza may see less time at the 5. If the D doesn't elevate at the rim from the rest of the front court, Garza will need to play 20+ mpg.

Fran hearts Garza's game, he will start and short of being gassed or foul trouble he will not be coming out. I'm thinking he will be close to a double double most nights. Garbage baskets, points in transition, put backs and an occasional three. 8 and 8 I'm thinking. Oh and 3 assists a game as well.

Currently getting 10 and 6 and is our 4th highest scorer, averaging 17 minutes a game. The competition has noticeably dictated his stat sheet. Will be interesting to see how he and Dailey do tonight.

Currently getting 10 and 6 and is our 4th highest scorer, averaging 17 minutes a game. The competition has noticeably dictated his stat sheet. Will be interesting to see how he and Dailey do tonight.

Luka's 3P% improved to 36% after the Northern Illinois game. He'll be dangerous if he can shoot from outside with consistency. He's gonna be fun to watch over the years.

Comparisons are a foolish business but IMO his size and skill set are very similar to Frank Kaminsky. Frank the Tank was a raw disaster his first 2 seasons at Wisconsin where Luka is getting all the experience he can handle. No I'm not saying Luka Garza is the next Frank Kaminsky, but I think their roles and styles will end up being very similar by the time Luka is a senior.

Luka's 3P% improved to 36% after the Northern Illinois game. He'll be dangerous if he can shoot from outside with consistency. He's gonna be fun to watch over the years.

Comparisons are a foolish business but IMO his size and skill set are very similar to Frank Kaminsky. Frank the Tank was a raw disaster his first 2 seasons at Wisconsin where Luka is getting all the experience he can handle. No I'm not saying Luka Garza is the next Frank Kaminsky, but I think their roles and styles will end up being very similar by the time Luka is a senior.
I think the difference is guys like Kaminsky, and even Wagner we will see tonight is that they have very good footspeed and ball handles for a guy that size. While Garza could improve I doubt he will ever get there in terms of footspeed. I think he can be a better low post threat than those guys. I think the better UW comparison would probably be Brian Butch if anyone remembers the name.

I think the difference is guys like Kaminsky, and even Wagner we will see tonight is that they have very good footspeed and ball handles for a guy that size. While Garza could improve I doubt he will ever get there in terms of footspeed. I think he can be a better low post threat than those guys. I think the better UW comparison would probably be Brian Butch if anyone remembers the name.

Yeah Garza seems clumsy right now, but most centers take awhile to adjust. I don't think Garza is the next AP PoY like Kaminsky, but he could mold into that style of player. A 7 footer with a shot is lethal, just ask the NBA.

I hope Garza turns out better than Brian Butch. He was a big disappointment even though i think he was a McDonald's AA.

Garza is going to be a bust. He will never be able to outplay D1 talent and take over a game. Has no ability to get off the floor which is going to hurt his offensive production going up against anybody 6-7 or taller. This will also hinder his ability to do meaningful work on the boards. I see him as a worse version of Les Jepsen.

Latest posts