SI 2015 Dradt

bb4hawks

The early SI 2015 draft has Brandon Scherff going #5 and Carl Davis going #11. Not surprised by Scherff but am a little by Davis. That is a lot of respect for the him and shows his improvements last year were noticed. Hopefully he has the same amount of improvement this season and is an absolute beast in the middle of the defense.

If Scherff goes to the Raiders, I'll absolutely lose it. No way should another outstanding tackle from Iowa have to suffer in that festering sewer of a franchise. Davis at 11 was more than a little surprising; that was downright shocking. I could see him playing his way to that 1st/2nd round borderline, but no way did I see him pushing the top 10. That would be amazing.

If Scherff goes to the Raiders, I'll absolutely lose it. No way should another outstanding tackle from Iowa have to suffer in that festering sewer of a franchise. Davis at 11 was more than a little surprising; that was downright shocking. I could see him playing his way to that 1st/2nd round borderline, but no way did I see him pushing the top 10. That would be amazing.

The Raiders are a totally different franchise than they were in 2004 when Gallery was drafted by them.

In the two places I looked, the scouts had him ranked as the 2nd and 3rd ranked DT for next year. Obviously a lot can change, but he is an absolute beast physically. Would be awesome to see him move into the 1st round.

I'm with you on this one TM. Please any place but the raiders. Like to see him go to my Steelers but I know that won't happen.

If Scherff stays healthy...he will go in the top ten. There is no way a guy with this type of size, athleticsm, and toughness gets past pick ten. I still have the vision of him running to stay in front of Canzeri at Nebraska...320 pounds going full tilt and he was picking up speed as they moved down the field. Can you imagine trying to take that on to make a tackle? Dude's got a nasty streak too.

I am a fan of Walter Football as a Mock Draft site. they have 2 guys who make the picks. Each has his own early guess. One of them thinks Oakland will have the very first pick. He has 3 OTs being taken before Scherff: Ogbuehi of Tx A&M, Peat of Stanford and Erving of FSU. They show him as 21st pick to the Ravens.

The other guy picked the Jets to have the very first pick. He had the exact same tackles being picked before Brandon and then Denver to select him with the 26th pick. It is a pretty entertaining site as they count down to the draft. They alternate days on a newer version of the draft. They write out a little paragraph about their reasoning for the team to make the pick.

Another interesting thing is that they just went through last weekend's draft pick by pick and gave it a grade. They don't pull any punches.

I should probably give out a link: http://walterfootball.com/index.php for those that are so inclined.

The early SI 2015 draft has Brandon Scherff going #5 and Carl Davis going #11. Not surprised by Scherff but am a little by Davis. That is a lot of respect for the him and shows his improvements last year were noticed. Hopefully he has the same amount of improvement this season and is an absolute beast in the middle of the defense.
whar tom farniok?

Good potential for both lines, which is where good football teams are made. Good signs for this year

This. And defensively, LTP might not project to the NFL in scouts'/mock draft guru's eyes, but he's a very strong college performer. Lots of depth up front on defense; Kaz's mark is quickly fading, thankfully.