Should we even want to put out the fire now?

eccpanther

I guess I am one for letting it burn to the ground and let Fran build fresh. I want these record worse years to go away. When the fire started it looked like we might be able to contain it by getting rid of the coach. But then the fire spread to players, and now it moved on to the recruiting area of the program. Its a total loss. Time to step back from the fire and just let it burn. Keep Cole and Gatens and let the rest go would be my opinion.

I guess I am one for letting it burn to the ground and let Fran build fresh. I want these record worse years to go away. When the fire started it looked like we might be able to contain it by getting rid of the coach. But then the fire spread to players, and now it moved on to the recruiting area of the program. Its a total loss. Time to step back from the fire and just let it burn. Keep Cole and Gatens and let the rest go would be my opinion.

I think current and future members of the rosters who no longer want to be Hawkeyes should get the h*** out of the way and let Fran start the rebuilding process. These players were members of a program that has had the worst three-year stretch in Iowa history and were part of a 10-22 season, and the commits -- hardly blue-chippers -- committed to that.

Time to start over.

Last edited:
I think I agree. Iowa only needs guys on the team that really want to be there. this next season is going to be rocky but I'm still looking forward to Coach Fran's brand of basketball. I am also looking forward to the new practice facility. That will do wonders for recruiting.

Latest posts