Should the Big Ten invite A&M

SirJamaLot

If expansion is inevitable, should the Big Ten capitalize on the SEC's infighting and invite A&M? pretty sure the SEC wants A&M but cant decide on the 14th team.

A&M will still likely be a part of the SEC. If not, I don't really seem to be a good fit in our conference. Big cultural difference

A&M will still likely be a part of the SEC. If not, I don't really seem to be a good fit in our conference. Big cultural difference

i think the more and more movement there is the less and less cultural difference really matters. im not saying TAMU to the big ten is good or bad or anything, just saying if you get hung up on cultural differences you could get left behind. Rutgers has just as much of a cultural difference as TAMU in my opinion. Neither is in the midwest, its just that the big ten set a precident by going east already with Penn State.

Pretty sure the SEC cant get the votes for expanding because teams dont want to share: case in point: florida-fsu, south carolina-clemsen, GT-georgia, maybe Delaney can capitilize on this, A&M has to be shocked and feeling like they were left at the alter, add A&M, MO, ND, and Rutgers and be the leaders, everything will domino from there, scew the SEC!

Yes. This would be a huge get for the B1G even if it means going to 14 (inviting a Missouri, Arkansas, etc.)

Having the BTN in the Texas Market or even a portion of the Texas market would be worth adding them.

From A&M's vantage point this is less ideal but get's them out of the UT shackles that is preventing them from having success. It also provides stability, money and prestige of the # 2 BCS conference. The downsides for them are no regional rivals, travel and games in cold weather. Again, SEC makes sense but if they are desperate enough the B1G is a possibility.

Good God, no. This isn't RISK, it's an athletic conference. College Station is 800 miles from Lincoln and 1300 miles from Ann Arbor. You might think Rutgers is far away, but if you drove 800 miles from Rutgers you'd be in Champaign, IL-- in other words, in the time it would take you to get from A & M to the closest conference team, you could drive from Rutgers to over half of the schools in the Big Ten.

Of course, if you were going to Rutgers, you wouldn't have to drive, as it's within 45 minutes of three of the busiest airports in the world. College Station is 45 minutes from a cow pasture. The Houston airport is 100 miles away. I don't see how adding a mediocre athletic program and university in the middle of nowhere does anything for the Big Ten.

For purely selfish reasons I'm for taking aTm since they are about 90 minutes or so away from here.

The BTN is carried on cable providers down here and of course on satellite. Here in Austin it is available on the 2nd tier of AT&T's U-Verse and on the sports tier of Time-Warner. With AT&T you also get the alternate channels and all of it in HD.

Seriously, some of you just really need to become fans of a pro team and stop following college, because you obviously did not go to college. You remind me of these SEC fans in the South who have a hard time spelling the name of they college they are a fan of to say the least of ever attending courses there.

TA&M in the B1G? Good God people! That is like asking if Obama should ask Glen Beck to be his running mate.

I am not in favor of expanding past 12 but I'm afraid the superconferences are coming and if they do I hope the Big 10 selects 2-4 teams that strengthens the conference. A&M is considered a great selection because getting a Texas school opens up recruiting, huge tv market, ect, ISU has played for them years why is it so absurd for them to join the big ten? If the big ten expands to keep up with the SEC and Pac 12 travel will not be a factor, however tv markets will

Seriously, some of you just really need to become fans of a pro team and stop following college, because you obviously did not go to college. You remind me of these SEC fans in the South who have a hard time spelling the name of they college they are a fan of to say the least of ever attending courses there.

TA&M in the B1G? Good God people! That is like asking if Obama should ask Glen Beck to be his running mate.

So if you can't follow a college team because you didn't go to college and probably never played a professional sport then how can one follow a pro team?

You sound like a cyclone fan so maybe you should go follow ISU.

I am not in favor of expanding past 12 but I'm afraid the superconferences are coming and if they do I hope the Big 10 selects 2-4 teams that strengthens the conference. A&M is considered a great selection because getting a Texas school opens up recruiting, huge tv market, ect, ISU has played for them years why is it so absurd for them to join the big ten? If the big ten expands to keep up with the SEC and Pac 12 travel will not be a factor, however tv markets will

Why on earth would the Big Ten care how many teams another conference has? In all this talk of the supposedly "inevitable" progression to "superconferences," I've never heard a good answer to this question. The Big Ten has a television network, a conference championship game, and the biggest alumni base in the country. I don't see how the SEC going to 14 or even 16 teams changes any of those facts or would constitute any sort of threat to the Big Ten. The league will expand again if it can get Notre Dame or a big TV market (Rutgers). Texas A&M makes no sense in any conceivable configuration-- and the number of teams in other conferences has nothing to do with anything.

If I were the Big 10, I would offer TAMU and VT tomorrow. Instead of waiting for the SEC and PAC to consolidate power, make the first strike.

If you ignore them and go after Rutgers and Maryland, enjoy your future as the new Big East; A triple A conference.

IMO, the SEC has only delayed Texas A&M until they find a suitable 14th team. That team will not be FSU or Miami, because Florida is vehemently against this. Same thing for Clemson (and S Carolina). My guess is that Texas A&M and Virginia Tech will be in the SEC. SEC adds 2 new large television markets.

Latest posts