Should PSU be moved to the West?

Should PSU be moved to the West?

• Yes, pair them with Nebraska

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No, leave them with UM & OSU

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters
I don't think so. Michigan is exactly a power right now, and Iowa, Nebby, and Wisky look like a pretty solid top of the West division. I say keep OSU, UM and PSU in the east. It would be better for PSU fans that way (travelling wise).

There is a tendency to think that PSU needs to be in the west to better balance the conference. I think people fear that if PSU isn't split from MU & tOSU that the division will be uneven and one will fall off like the Big 12 North did. However I would say that Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska are all very good programs that could beat any of the the 3 "premiere" teams that would be in the east. Not a single one of those three teams is what I would call second tier like Missouri is in the Big 12. If one team does fall off for a season or 2 the others will more than make up for it.

A straight geographical split is the most logical way to do this. there is no reason for PSU to be in the west. Iowa, Nebby and Wisky can more than handle their own against OSU, UM and PSU.

A straight geographical split is the most logical way to do this. there is no reason for PSU to be in the west. Iowa, Nebby and Wisky can more than handle their own against OSU, UM and PSU.

The more i think about it the more I am in favor of leaving PSU in the east. If they were to come over to the West the Western division would be to strong. As it is currently OSU would have a walk in the park in the east. Whose to say Michigan will recover and without a balance of power it will be OSU in the title game every year. I say leave PSU, OSU, and UM together and Wisc, Iowa, and Neb in the West would be a pretty good comparitive power.

if you want a "balance of power", consider moving some of the middle class teams (michigan state, NW) to the west and leaving the East with basically OSU, Michigan, PSU and little else. Michigan State and NW aren't world beaters and will never likely challenge for the division title but they give the conference a good balance, better than what the zookers and the goophers bring to the table. To make things fair, implement the rule that says Michigan State and Michigan HAVE to play every year, same with NW and illinois as to not break up the state rivalries.

With our recent success, I would love to have PSU in the west with us. ;)

Seriously, though, that would just be stupid to make them travel that much. As stated above, I think that Nebby, Iowa, and Wisc will make the west division plenty interesting. IF, somehow, all three of those teams start to suck it up at the same time, chances are that hell has frozen over and Minn will be good again... ;)

I really have no interest in seeing Michigan and Ohio State playing twice in the same season. Not to mention that if you keep the last weekend of the season as the big rivalry weekend Michigan and Ohio State could potential play each other again a week later. Split by geography and if the conference expands further figure out something new then.

Have one division and play 11 conference games!!!

I don't think they will ever do that - it makes too much sense.

Why do we need these cheesy non-conference games ?

Iowa, PSU, Mich, MSU, NB, Whisky are all about even why should PSU have to move more than one of the others?
If you divide the divisions geographically E/W they are both competitive divisions.

MSU and not tOSU????:rolleyes:

Those teams I listed are all around same level, OSU is a step ahead. The point is separating PSU from east. Why? There is no more reason to separate them than any of the other teams I listed. Very few people have advocated separating OSU to the West.

When Nebraska joins the conference, the split should be made right at Lake Michigan:
East: Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana and Purdue
West: Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Northwestern.

So simple, a caveman can do it!

The divisions don't have to be written in stone. If a situation develops like what happened in the Big 12 North, re-evaluate and adjust accordingly. As of now, a straight geographic split makes sense. If it does not in 5 or 10 years, deal with it then. We will probably have 14 or 16 teams by then anyway.

Latest posts