Should KF be coach of the year?

cibula11

Given the fact that Iowa usually doesn't have the greatest recruiting classes in terms of hype and every team knows exactly what Iowa is going to do on Offense and Defense, I think he is worthy of that honor. Think about teams like OSU and USC.....they recruit the best of the best and still have 2-3 losses a year.

If you look at the last few years at Iowa, how can KF not be COY? He wins 2 conference titles, then CBI hits town, and the program is very rocky (losing in bowl game, 6-6, no bowl, etc). The way Kirk has rallied the guys and bringing a national feel to Iowa again (although it's hard to see during the ESPN Tebow love fest), no one else in the nation deserves Coach of Year, IMO

If we can get to the 10 win mark KF should be C.O.Y. Soley, based on our schedule compared to Cincy's. However that turkey Saban will probably win.

I have enjoyed Alabama football for years, I'm glad they are doing well, but I cannot stand Nick Saban!

I'm glad Iowa beat him in the CapOne Bowl.

I think BT COY is a shoe in, Nationally is another story Cincy is the cinderella story and unless they lose to a team they shouldn't I think their coach will get it.
Kirk will get it if they were to win out (including Bowl Game).

If we finish undefeated, or with even one loss, I have to think that it will be a 3 horse race with Saban (assuming Bama wins out), Kelly, and Ferentz. Saban simply because he'll be the coach of the best team, Kelly because Cincy is probably going to have a 0/1/2 loss record and they had to replace 10 (!) starters on their defense, and Ferentz because he took Iowa from a preseason 4th in the B10 to the BCS.

Personally I think it HAS to be Kelly or Ferentz if the facts above hold true...but Ferentz is a shoe-in for B10 coach of the year, again, assuming the above facts hold true.

It's too early to really determine coach of the year, rhere's too much football left.

If MSU went on a run, a 9-3 7-1 Dantonio might be B10 CoY.
If MU wins out at 10-2 7-1 Rich Rod might deserve B10 CoY.

On the otherhand,

If Illinois wins out, Zook might not get canned....:D

I think BT COY is a shoe in, Nationally is another story Cincy is the cinderella story and unless they lose to a team they shouldn't I think their coach will get it.
Kirk will get it if they were to win out (including Bowl Game).

I think the voting ends on Dec. 29, at least according to the site:

http://www.coachoftheyear.com/Award-AwardCriteria.aspx

So assuming we play on New Years Day, the outcome of the game should have no impact on it. If we win out in the regular season, Kirk should get the national COY. Maybe even if he loses a game, but probably not.

The Hawks were picked fourth in the league. They are currently in the driver's seat and in the mix for a BCS game. That is enough right there to have my vote.

GO HAWKS

I think he has to be near the top for consideration...I'm not a big fan of giving an award like this to Meyer, Saban, etc..who have tons of talent, but guys like Ferentz or Kelly who do more with less should be more highly considered.

Latest posts