Should Iowa prepare to bring in Nebraska's WR cast-offs?

Grady

Nebraska just landed another 4-star WR for their '23 recruiting class. Counting their '23 class of recruits, they now have 17 scholarship WRs on their roster if they all follow through on their commitment. Considering that the Huskers now stand at around 100 scholarships, and that they'll have to get down to 85 by fall, you have to figure some of those eventually departing will be WRs. Would Husker WRs who depart be better than the WRs Iowa currently has on their roster? Should Iowa's WR coaches be hanging around LIncoln following spring practices?

Nebraska just landed another 4-star WR for their '23 recruiting class. Counting their '23 class of recruits, they now have 17 scholarship WRs on their roster if they all follow through on their commitment. Considering that the Huskers now stand at around 100 scholarships, and that they'll have to get down to 85 by fall, you have to figure some of those eventually departing will be WRs. Would Husker WRs who depart be better than the WRs Iowa currently has on their roster? Should Iowa's WR coaches be hanging around LIncoln following spring practices?
Not unless you want to start reading about Iowa players on the ICPD twitter feed twice a week.

Nebraska doesn't recruit on character. FFS they don't even hire coaches on character. I don't want anything to do with the stink that program carries.

Not unless you want to start reading about Iowa players on the ICPD twitter feed twice a week.

Nebraska doesn't recruit on character. FFS they don't even hire coaches on character. I don't want anything to do with the stink that program carries.
This made me laugh, but 100% spot on.

Two or three programs like Colorado, Wisconsin, and Nebby might between upgrading talent and overextending scollys might be good places to look for talent. Unless character is an issue, gotta to be better than what we got now.

This seems to be a common tactic that programs devoid of talent do. (some others do it do a degree but it seems like I hear less of it) I almost feel bad for the kids holding the bag after the dust settles. But damn it they can do their homework and count that high. They should know what's going on and see it coming. If you're not comfortable with rolling the dice on that then go to programs and coaches with histories of not doing anything of the sort. Most don't I wouldn't think.

I suspect Rhule was upfront with both existing and incoming guys. Maybe not as big a dousche as Coach Prime was to the existing Colorado team, but I bet he was frank. "Look guys, you haven't had a winning season in 6 years and you got beat by Georgia Southern at home last year. There is not enough talent on this team and I am bringing in guys to compete for jobs. If you don't want to compete for your job, the portal is the place for you. Look to your left and look to your right. Odds are one of you won't be here next Fall."

I have no problem with it if the coaches are honest with the players.

Latest posts