Should Connor McCaffery Wear a Helmet?

WinOneThisCentury

I'm thinking yes. He reminds me of a small child born with a large head...it's always in the way, and he leads with it...so he's bumping into everything, and constantly getting hammered.

He's going to have a Harry Potter scar now too. Let's hope he becomes more of a wizard with the ball...less Malfoy and more Harry.

I'm thinking yes. He reminds me of a small child born with a large head...it's always in the way, and he leads with it...so he's bumping into everything, and constantly getting hammered.

He's going to have a Harry Potter scar now too. Let's hope he becomes more of a wizard with the ball...less Malfoy and more Harry.

I'm constantly getting hammered, but you don't see me wearing a helmet.;)

sehs-cover_0.jpg

Daddy told me to dribble ball fast.....after I dink my juice box.

Connor shot a boatload of free throws last year in the non conference. In the B1G he won’t get those calls when he goes in there hoping to be fouled. Without free throws his offensive game becomes well below average, and he’s really not a good defender at this point.

Of course I’m talking to a wall here as Fran is our coach and Connor will be our starting PG for the rest of the year.

upload_2019-11-16_8-50-25.jpeg
Connor should dress like the Black Knight from Monty Python. Remember, the Black Knight eventually, after losing both arms and legs, battles to a draw. That could be an asset to this teams athleticism.

Connor should give his mother a hug. When a woman gives birth it is the size of the head that makes it difficult.

Highly underrated movie. Seriously.

Genuinely fuckin’ terrifying when I was a kid and it came out, I still can’t understand how the filmmakers made it feel like those guys were 50,000 miles from civilization. Even aside from the gory as s art stuff there’s just a super weird, eerie feeling about that whole movie.

All the other Predator movies were just campy and dumb, but that one really felt like something was out there hunting.

Genuinely fuckin’ terrifying when I was a kid and it came out, I still can’t understand how the filmmakers made it feel like those guys were 50,000 miles from civilization. Even aside from the gory as s art stuff there’s just a super weird, eerie feeling about that whole movie.

All the other Predator movies were just campy and dumb, but that one really felt like something was out there hunting.
Did you know that Jean Claude Van Dam was the original Predator? Internet rumor was that he wasn't very famous then and accepted to play the space alien, but when he found out he was the bad guy and would get beat by Arnold in the end of the film, he quit and walked off the set all pissed off. He thought he was going to be the lead hero in the film. Plus, he was gong to wear a totally different suit than the one you see in the movie, it' was comical looking. Van Dam in an interview claims he quit because the suit he had to wear was to claustrophobic for him.

PREDATOR_JCVD_.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Did you know that Jean Claude Van Dam was the original Predator? Internet rumor was that he wasn't very famous then and accepted to play the space alien, but when he found out he was the bad guy and would get beat by Arnold in the end of the film, he quit and walked off the set all pissed off. He thought he was going to be the lead hero in the film. Plus, he was gong to wear a totally different suit than the one you see in the movie, it' was comical looking. Van Dam in an interview claims he quit because the suit he had to wear was to claustrophobic for him.

PREDATOR_JCVD_.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Interesting stuff! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Peter_Hall

In 1986, Hall was cast as the main antagonist in Predator, opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger. During its developmental stages, the Predator was going to be played by Jean-Claude Van Damme, who played the Predator for the first few scenes, but was not billed in the end credits. The producers decided to recast the role with Hall so that the Predator could more convincingly dominate the film's human characters with its greater size. Hall would go on to reprise the role in the 1990 sequel, this time opposite Danny Glover and Gary Busey.

I think it was the music/sound effects.

Great cast. The movie was shot near Puerto Vallarta (and some other locations in Mexico). When I was there on vaca they were promoting tours of the filming area. You can zip line through the jungle near the set.

Puerto Vallarta became an American tourist destination after another great film was shot there...Night of the Iguana...in the early 60s. Going back there in Feb. (best tequila you'll ever have, uncut)