Should Bulaga have stayed?

Agree- First round is first round.

Would've been nice to have had Dace try and come back for a 6th year rather than just getting a try out with the Giants.

This is my thought as well. If you can make the first round, go. You can lose your career on one play in training camp. But if you aren't going in that round, stay in school and try to improve your stock. Spievey should have stayed.

Spievey comes from a poor family, and he just had a kid of his own. He made the right choice for him and his family. He NEEDS the money while it's there. Yes he could make more by coming back and raising his stock. That's assuming he doesn't get hurt. If he were to get hurt and not get drafted, then he'd be screwed. He's better off taking the money while he knows it's there.

I think that he made a poor decision leaving early. I don't believe that he is ready in any way for the NFL. I know Gallery plays for a poor organization but he IMO is far better player than Bulaga and look how he is fairing in the NFL. Gallery was an animal in college dominating most of the players that lined up in front of him. When he went pro it was roll reversal, getting blown off the line and missing blocks left and right. I don't know if an extra year would have helped Bulaga but, I don't think an opportunity to refine his skills would have hurt either.

That being said if a few million dollars was waived in my face I probably would have made the same decision to leave early.

For me personally, selfishly, as a Hawkeye fan - yes, he should have stayed. But I don't think he made a bad decision, either.

He made the right choice in leaving early (for him clearly not the Hawks). Kiper and McShay had him going as high as #5 to KC or #9 to Buffalo so the top 10 money was there, but teams went in different directions than projected. That being said, as a Packer fan also, Bulaga is going into a great situation for him to succeed. GB's tackles have been injured for the past 2 years and were BOTH resigned this past offseason so he'll get the chance to get some reps on 2nd team for the start of the season and it wouldn't surprise me if he was starting by the end of this fall at the latest. With no depth at O-line he will be a priority for GB to resign as long as he stays healthy and they've given some good contracts to their young stars (Jennings/Collins) or traded them to teams that have (Colin Cole) so as long as Bulaga produces he will get paid one way or the other.

He made the right move.

Now if we were talking about Jevan Snead from Ole Miss or Michigan CB Donovan Warren that both left early and weren't drafted that would be another story. :)

Despite dropping a bit in the first round...I think it's worth quite a bit to be going to a class organization (and I'm not even a Packer fan) that DESPERATELY needs OL help.

I'm not sure (initial contract aside) that BB would be better served, long-term by having ended up in Buffalo or San Fran.

But to answer the initial question, I don't know how you can remotely second-guess the decision from a business or financial viewpoint. And I'm not even completely sure that BB would have been able to fight off the stigma that knocked him out of the top 15 - i.e. that he isn't a Left Tackle - even if he'd have won the Outland Trophy this year...

he should have stayed he didn't have a great season last year, if he would have came back had a good year he would go in the top ten, and we would have two top ten prospects on our team.

Latest posts