Shorter bench

brozley

With so many positives, did anyone else like the rotation being 9 only guys? Not looking forward to Pemsel or Nunge taking Garza minutes and more hockey like substitution patterns.

Shorter bench is good for cohesion on the floor. JoBo will obviously play more when not in foul trouble, but maybe McCaffrey florished in part because he knew he was playing most of the 1st half.
I love that Cook (unstoppable going to hoop) played 38 minutes and I can’t remeber a guy playing that minutes. Play your best guys a ton. I hope he plays 35+ in all tight games. Plenty of time to rest with all the timeouts in college basketball. Nice to see best defensive effort in years the past two games as well.

I still don’t feel like I can trust a Fran coached team, but hope springs eternal. Go Hawks!

IMAGINE THAT!! Only been saying that oh since he arrived. Let’s see if it cont8nues or Fran outsmarts himself..

Oh so Brian Ferentz says The amount of snaps Fant got was to low last weej and he was wondering why??? Lmao WOW!

Sorry but Pemsl isn’t good enough to take away minutes from any of the kids who played in New York. Time for him to be dropped off at the nearest greyhound station
I'm not that down on Pemsl but it was kinda nice not seeing him committing several key turnovers. As a backup post or spelling Tyler is the only way I want to see him play. And I mean backup to Kreiner and Garza, not instead of them. If he finds his game then we can start talking minutes.

Pemsl could come in handy if Cook or Garza gets 2 fouls. He could have played the minutes Till played.

But I will say Riley’s game reminds me a bit of Baer. I wonder if he finds a way into the rotation next year.

Nah Baer has struggled shooting it from deep this year but the rest of his game has still been there. He helps spread the floor and can play the 3 & 4. Even with his struggles all of last year and to start this year, he's shooting 36+% from deep in his career. As long as he lets it fly when he's open and not forcing it like he did a few times in NY that's good for the team IMO.

Pemsl hasn't shown he can shoot the ball further than 5 feet out and kills the spacing. He can be serviceable at the 4/5 depending on the matchup. I'll be disappointed if he plays any minutes at the 3 this year that are not out of some sort of necessity.

I wish we could redshirt Pemsl too. It would be great to have him work on his body and skills for another year too. I love that Nunge is doing that. Nunge is a guy that if he adds 15 pounds of muscle, he's going to be a handful. He can shoot it and put it on the floor. He just wasn't strong enough to compete at the 4, nor quick enough to guard the 3. He's going to come back a different player.

Kreiner is a guy with some upside. He can shoot it...he will bang with you...and he's got a pretty serious competitive streak. He's relentless.

It's interesting. No one is talking about why Bol was ineffective against Iowa. Sure, he was cramping. It's why he was cramping that people should have been talking about. Garza, Kreiner, and Cook sprint down the floor on every possession. Bol was gassed at the 7 minute mark. We have the depth to do that every game. Kreiner and Cook can flat out run.

I been think Pemsl a lot. I am not sure what you do with him other than the obvious and not give him minutes. Garza can go out on the perimeter and hit a shot, you can pick and pop with him. Cook is extending his game beyond the block. I have no idea where Pemsl game is at offensively or defensively for that matter.

Kriener is a warrior, he needs minutes. Grind down the opponents.

JB hopefully will be used less, since he is such a defensive liability and has a history of being worn down and hurt.

Cook likes minutes, but I would be careful, it is a long, long grind and if the goal is to make and do well in the tournament, your best players can't be burned out in March.

Pemsl needs to be a fill in. He hasn't proven he is any more than that.

Baer does those things that are seldom appreciated and seen on the score sheet. Short bursts of him help to "stir the pot" of the pace of the game.

It is a brilliant move to have Nunge sit out a year, whoever made the decision.

Less Moss, he brings little to "team play" IMHO, as does Pemsl.