Short notice Iowa vs UConn prediction thread

If Oregon was a good matchup for Iowa, UConn to me looks like a pretty bad matchup for us. From what I saw last night they had quite a few guards that can penetrate and shoot threes.

Based on early research it seems like many of these guys are shooting well above their career averages from deep. As a team they are shooting over 40% from 3. Hopefully tired legs we can catch them on an off shooting night.

Tonight we have to dominate them inside with Cook and Garza to have a chance.

UConn 82 - Iowa 74

UConn hit a bunch of 3's over 'Cuse's famous 2-3 zone, but it looks like they like to run too. If this game turns into a foot race, who ever shoots the ball the best will win, regardless of the score.

Here's the Kenpom & Sagarin composite rankings. Note the sample size is still super small. FYI Iowa jumped 80+ spots in Sagarin after beating Oregon.

upload_2018-11-16_11-0-44.png

Here's just Kenpom and the offensive and defensive efficiency ratings. The AdjEM is the margin between the offense and defense. The bigger the number the better. AdjO2 and AdjD2 are the national rankings.

upload_2018-11-16_10-59-39.png

For our household Beating UConn is personal. We have intolerable family in Connecticut for whom UConn is the be-all and end-all. The way Iowa fans were verbally abused by Huskie faithful after the 1999 win at MSG also still sticks in the craw.

Go Hawks!

Undefeated this season, I’m sure.
Dude... Lay off Clinton. so he's a homer, so what. a little positive energy here is a good thing. No need to be a hater.

Being from Clinton myself, gonna stand up for my peeps, even if I have no clue who they are.

As for the game. Toss up. Oregon was overrated, perhaps 'cuse is too. I'll say Hawks by 2 but I am far from sold on the product.

Dude... Lay off Clinton. so he's a homer, so what. a little positive energy here is a good thing. No need to be a hater.

Being from Clinton myself, gonna stand up for my peeps, even if I have no clue who they are.

As for the game. Toss up. Oregon was overrated, perhaps 'cuse is too. I'll say Hawks by 2 but I am far from sold on the product.
An accurate representation of @ClintonIAfan

1hmH.gif

Heck if I know. Don't know a lot about UConn. Sounds like they put forth quite a defensive effort against the 'Cuse tonight. Didn't actually see them, though.

Gut feeling says they give us a much tougher time than Oregon did. Not sure I can predict a win but I was just as pessimistic about Oregon, so don't listen to me. :D
Basically....
Syracuse still suuuuuucks from the arc

Not even gonna predict. I am usually wrong and dont wanta curse Iowa. Maybe I should pick UConn, and hope I am usually wrong, but then if I am right, I am a sucky fan.

Well since we suck and beat Oregon, that means they suck bad. So I'm gunna pick Syracuse to demolish Oregon tonight. What time do they play?