Short list that AD's supposedly have

EMik21

I was curious if maybe Jon could refresh my memory and offer some information on how the coaching searches go down when AD's use a firm/agency? Don't the AD's basically use a firm to put feelers out to current coaches (on their short list) agents to get an idea on their possible interest in a certain schools "possible" coaching vacancy?

If so, doesn't Barta, not that I trust him to make the next football hire, have to inquire through back-channels with Bielema and both Stoops brothers to gage their interest in taking over Iowa football?

Also, could it be possible that Dan McCarney is hired while allowing BF to stay on board and be the "coach in-waiting" since BF was actually Barta's hire?

I know this post is kinda all over the place but just trying to think of scenarios where we don't have to watch another season like this again.

I was curious if maybe Jon could refresh my memory and offer some information on how the coaching searches go down when AD's use a firm/agency? Don't the AD's basically use a firm to put feelers out to current coaches (on their short list) agents to get an idea on their possible interest in a certain schools "possible" coaching vacancy?

If so, doesn't Barta, not that I trust him to make the next football hire, have to inquire through back-channels with Bielema and both Stoops brothers to gage their interest in taking over Iowa football?

Also, could it be possible that Dan McCarney is hired while allowing BF to stay on board and be the "coach in-waiting" since BF was actually Barta's hire?

I know this post is kinda all over the place but just trying to think of scenarios where we don't have to watch another season like this again.

Don't know you so I won't insult you. But please tell me what the f@&k BF has done to make him "coach in-waiting".

Don't know you so I won't insult you. But please tell me what the f@&k BF has done to make him "coach in-waiting".

Well thanks for not insulting me tomahawk, and to my knowledge BF has not done anything, but for some reason I think that is one of the main reasons (outside of Kirk's salary/guarantee) that Kirk is sticking around. I have to assume that Kirk did not see this type of heat coming down on him, nor did Barta see it, so Gary hired BF with the idea of BF eventually taking over. Remember, BF reports to Barta (so it has been said/written). Just my thoughts though.

I want a short list of ADs because Gary is not the one I want hiring the next coach whether it be for football or mumbly peg.

I want a short list of ADs because Gary is not the one I want hiring the next coach whether it be for football or mumbly peg.

If Barta is allowed to hire the next Iowa football coach I might just trade in my Hawkeye fan card right then and there.

If KF wants BF to be the next Head Coach, he needs to make the move now. Time is running out for him.

And, for the record, I am not saying this is something I want, but could see happening. I believe KF to be a good man, but one whose time has come to move on.

But Barta needs to go now.

Barta won't be making the next hire. Iowa will hire a search committee to help with the decision. I don't think anything gets done at that place without a committee.

The last thing I want is another Ferentz as head football coach. Having Brian take over for Kirk would be stupid...even for Barta.

Danny Mac? I can't tell if you are being serious.

Barta doesn’t have a list. He’s as powerless as you or me, as his fate rests squarely on Kirk’s shoulders.