Shimonek, Taylor, Haffar gone

Please elaborate on this...I have been all over the internet and can not find anything on it. Who is Taylor? I know the qb and kicker but what was Taylor and would he have been in the two deeps or special teams at all?

Arrhhhggg!!! What if AIRBHG decides he doesn't like the RBs and goes for the QBs instead? Or for that matter the LBs like he did in Morris's freshman year? I saw the kicker at the spring game in Kinnick and I don't think we will be losing a whole lot there but the other two?... Eastern Illinois your new quarterback is on his way.

Was bound to happen with the influx of qb recruits coming in and Shimonek already firmly entrenched at 3rd string. It's too bad about Laron Taylor. He wasn't a very highly recruited player, but was a decent 3 star recruit out of Detroit Cass Tech, a powerhouse high school football program. I thought his tape looked good coming out of high school, he just looked like he needed some weight.

Lots of ways to look at it. If the now open scholarships are not given to current roster players then we may have some add'l cards to play in the recruiting game. The timing might be good IF we have the season many think we'll have and those potential scholarships are offered at a later time in the season when we might be on our way to a pretty newsworthy, attention-grabbing year. Increased program performance = increased recruit interest.

Kinda surprised by Shimonek supposedly commenting on the style of play as a factor. He didn't know that coming in?

Wish them all good look in their future football endeavors.

Not saying that I don't believe you, I do, but where did you see this at? Have a link?

Texas Tech has been rumored prior - guy from 'orangebloods' first dropped the rumor, then dropped the texas tech bit a few weeks ago. given the shimonek thing turned out as truth, i'd bet the TT thing is true as well.

As far as attrition goes this is as good as it can get. Losing the 3rd string qb with little to no chance of playing. Then losing a LB that was 2nd or 3rd down the list as well and a kicker that I hadn't even heard the name of before. As opposed to other schools and other years I'd say we can "suffer" this and be alright

Losing both Sokol and Shimonek must mean the coaches are communicating that Rudock and Beathard are 1&2 the next 2 years.

I am also confused by the comment regarding the change in offense because, well, I have no idea what it means. Does it mean Shimonek prefers the spread and was surprised Iowa is reverting back to a tight end and run first offense instead of the spread he was promised. Or does it mean Iowa is switching to some new top secret offense and it does it not match his style? Or does it mean he does not like a new offense where he would be a backup for the next 3 years?

Was bound to happen with the influx of qb recruits coming in and Shimonek already firmly entrenched at 3rd string. It's too bad about Laron Taylor. He wasn't a very highly recruited player, but was a decent 3 star recruit out of Detroit Cass Tech, a powerhouse high school football program. I thought his tape looked good coming out of high school, he just looked like he needed some weight.

Man, losing a 3* recruit when we never get 5*s and very few 4*s is a decent size loss.

Shimonek was a bad knee and ankle away from starting qb. But we do have other guys coming in.

KF needs to get CJB some series in the first few games.

I can't believe it!!!

QB Shimonek will be walking on @ Texas Tech. He was a Greg Davis recruit, too.

LB Taylor will play somewhere.

PK Haffar will, also, play somewhere.

RB Markel Smith may be @ Milford Academy in New Berlin, N.Y. for the fall semester working on academics.

Iowa could be struggling with depth if this keeps up as it affects future years of the program.

Iowa can't afford this much attrition. The staff needs to figure out what's going on here with the transfers.

I can't believe it!!!

QB Shimonek will be walking on @ Texas Tech. He was a Greg Davis recruit, too.

Next year we'll be 4 deep. (5 if you count Cook) Perhaps the deepest talent IOWA has ever had at QB

LB Taylor will play somewhere.

Good for him. He was buried on the depth chart at Iowa

PK Haffar will, also, play somewhere.

Again, good for him. He must have seen the writing on the wall here.

RB Markel Smith may be @ Milford Academy in New Berlin, N.Y. for the fall semester working on academics.

Sometimes the 4-5*s hit a bump in the road. (at least he didn't punch a chick in Norman, OK). Hopefully he'll work his way back

Iowa could be struggling with depth if this keeps up as it affects future years of the program.

Iowa can't afford this much attrition. The staff needs to figure out what's going on here with the transfers.

seriously? Have you followed college football very long?

Latest posts