Seydou Traore visiting

Gander Hawk

A 6'7" transfer from Manhattan scheduled a visit to Iowa. Boy, Fran sure likes to stock up on guys like this, seems like we have enough with Dembele, Tadjo, and Koch.

I couldn't tell you what league or level of play Manhattan is. At this point we just need a body pretty much. Alot like the football team. Once Hill left they had to damn near just take the first qb that'd say yes to them. Hopefully this kid can ball

I couldn't tell you what league or level of play Manhattan is. At this point we just need a body pretty much. Alot like the football team. Once Hill left they had to damn near just take the first qb that'd say yes to them. Hopefully this kid can ball
I agree we need another post. MBB apparently has no money to buy good players, but luckily Fran finds and develops raw talent about as well as anyone.

And, beg to differ that Sullivan is just a body. After Hill left, I did not think we would land another transfer with a seasons worth of conference starts under his belt. Especially a guy who can run. Pretty good get IMHO.

I agree we need another post. MBB apparently has no money to buy good players, but luckily Fran finds and develops raw talent about as well as anyone.

And, beg to differ that Sullivan is just a body. After Hill left, I did not think we would land another transfer with a seasons worth of conference starts under his belt. Especially a guy who can run. Pretty good get IMHO.
I like your glass half full look on Sullivan.. But the guy was largely a backup at Northwestern who didn't really have any other places to go besides hope to battle for a spot with Cade at Iowa... I don't remember him taking any other visits. Looking at that from the outside in that's not exactly a glowing resume either. Yeah he's not terrible. He's miles better then what Hill is I'm just saying even that isn't necessarily all that great either. But he's a competent body that said yes to us. We we're in no position to be any pickier then that.

He does have 2 yrs left to play maybe he can still develop into a pretty good qb too I forgot how young he was.

It's basketball

I like your glass half full look on Sullivan.. But the guy was largely a backup at Northwestern who didn't really have any other places to go besides hope to battle for a spot with Cade at Iowa... I don't remember him taking any other visits. Looking at that from the outside in that's not exactly a glowing resume either. Yeah he's not terrible. He's miles better then what Hill is I'm just saying even that isn't necessarily all that great either. But he's a competent body that said yes to us. We we're in no position to be any pickier then that.

He does have 2 yrs left to play maybe he can still develop into a pretty good qb too I forgot how young he was.
As you noted, he is light years better than Hill, so by definition Iowa has upgraded in the QB room with this trade. Given Iowa's stature nationally on offense, I am thrilled we landed anyone that has a year's worth of major conference starts under his belt. He also has a pretty high completion percentage, which surprised me. What I like about him is that if CM goes down again, we have two guys behind him that are bigger guys and are mobile. CM can run some as well when healthy. Lester's offense moves the QB around so there are some intriguing possibilities there. No where to go but up!!!

As you noted, he is light years better than Hill, so by definition Iowa has upgraded in the QB room with this trade. Given Iowa's stature nationally on offense, I am thrilled we landed anyone that has a year's worth of major conference starts under his belt. He also has a pretty high completion percentage, which surprised me. What I like about him is that if CM goes down again, we have two guys behind him that are bigger guys and are mobile. CM can run some as well when healthy. Lester's offense moves the QB around so there are some intriguing possibilities there. No where to go but up!!!
Halleluiah can I get an amen?

Well, that QB was a Big Ten Starter with a 69% career completion average. He started ten games and Hill started, was it 7. One guy is a 69% thrower and one is a 48% thrower. We have all seen him play and I remember him as playing pretty well in the other games where he started or played due to injury.

I think the glass is much more than half full.

Last edited:
Well, that QB was a Big Ten Starter with a 69% career completion average. He started ten games and Hill started, was it 7. One guy is a 69% thrower and one is a 48% thrower. We have all seen him play and I remember him as playing pretty well in the other games where he started or played due to injury.

I think the glass is much more than half full.

They haven’t had a guy complete 60% of his passes since CJB in 2015. In this era of pitch and catch football, 60% completion rate is the bare minimum. It has been nearly a decade since an Iowa quarterback has completed 60% of his passes…are we sure Lester can make CM or Sullivan into an accurate thrower of the football?

They haven’t had a guy complete 60% of his passes since CJB in 2015. In this era of pitch and catch football, 60% completion rate is the bare minimum. It has been nearly a decade since an Iowa quarterback has completed 60% of his passes…are we sure Lester can make CM or Sullivan into an accurate thrower of the football?
Having an adequate OLine will help keep plays in time.

Latest posts