Seton hall blew it

lazyhawkfan

Absolutely stupid foul at the end of the game. Then still had a shot with 1.5 seconds after the FTs but couldn't catch the ball for an easy layup for the win. Way to go, could have knocked off #3 Villanova.

Villanova will lose soon, perhaps the next game against Providence on Saturday. They have to play at Seton Hall the Saturday after that. After no competitive basketball for almost a month, they have to be a little rusty.

Also, it kind of irks me that they are ranked as high as they are. Their only good win was at Texas, which they won by 4 points. The Big East isn't what it used to be and Nova will probably win a conference championship, but it won't be because they went through a gauntlet of tough teams. Creighton is the only ranked team (#11) in the Big East besides Nova, and they just lost to Butler on Saturday.

Gonzaga is in the same boat as far as the rest of the season goes. They have earned their #1 ranking by beating the likes of Kansas, West Virginia, Iowa, and Virginia early in the season, but the rest of their schedule is filled with teams like Pacific, LMU, Santa Clara, and San Francisco. They are a great team, but their path to an undefeated or nearly undefeated season is way too easy from here on out.

I just hope that the absence of a tough schedule down the stretch bites both of these teams in the ass when March rolls around.

Villanova will lose soon, perhaps the next game against Providence on Saturday. They have to play at Seton Hall the Saturday after that. After no competitive basketball for almost a month, they have to be a little rusty.

Also, it kind of irks me that they are ranked as high as they are. Their only good win was at Texas, which they won by 4 points. The Big East isn't what it used to be and Nova will probably win a conference championship, but it won't be because they went through a gauntlet of tough teams. Creighton is the only ranked team (#11) in the Big East besides Nova, and they just lost to Butler on Saturday.

Gonzaga is in the same boat as far as the rest of the season goes. They have earned their #1 ranking by beating the likes of Kansas, West Virginia, Iowa, and Virginia early in the season, but the rest of their schedule is filled with teams like Pacific, LMU, Santa Clara, and San Francisco. They are a great team, but their path to an undefeated or nearly undefeated season is way too easy from here on out.

I just hope that the absence of a tough schedule down the stretch bites both of these teams in the ass when March rolls around.
I think that is always the problem for Gonzaga- they have to schedule good teams early because they do not have the luxury we do, of playing in a conference where nearly any given team can win. And, IMO, thats why their success at tourney time is not commensurate with their rankings.

The Zags problem IMO is they don’t/can’t improve after non conference play. Big 10 teams are challenged every game and get better.

Catch the dang ball... He had enough time to turn and lay it in or dunk it easy. That's a rough way to lose a game. Nova lucky as hell.

Fortunately...for the 1st time I can ever remember...I don’t care what Nova or anyone else does. We’re an NCAA 1 seed if we just play at our normal day to day level. And if we somehow end up a 2 it doesn’t matter much...playing the same team for our FF4 spot.

If I’m the fan of another team I’m posting “Just keep us away from Baylor, Iowa and the Zags. And if we are in their Region don’t put us on the 8/9 line.”

Latest posts