Seriously, what's with all the fluff pieces

There have been multiple pieces talking about BF being the "perfect" hire, being "brilliant", being "groomed" for this position, etc.

Look, I like the guy as well. Local kid, part of 2 conference titles, got a cup of coffee in the League, spent 4 years on the NE staff, position coach here...seems smart, aggressive, etc.

But let's be real...we're hiring a guy who has never in his life, at any level of football, designed an entire offense, called a single play in any game, or mentored a single skill player outside of TE. And not only are Jon and Rob okay with this, but are singing his praises as if he's the 2nd coming of Bill Snyder. Have we just decided that critical thinking is not required because his last name is Ferentz?

At the end of the day, BF is only the 6th OC in the last 39 years at Iowa and it's not even close that he's the least qualified of all of them by a country mile. Heck, even KOK was a former HC that had a 79-10 record and won a national championship and he was coming to a team coming off a 3-8 season and had a stable of 250lb OL. After 18 years of KF, and coming off a 12-2 season just a year ago, this is what we end up with? BF may be the best fit, but was he really the best we could do? Seems like another "union card" situation to me...[/

I'll admit that I am hoping he has seen enough of that bad....and what works...that he can be the chosen one to bring balance to the force ;)
JON gd did what cap suggested no?CAP'S FLAVOR OF PLAYS' ONLY MY HUMBLE OBSERVATION.

In the old days before message boards, there wasn't as much fluff. Coaches gave more meaningful interviews. Pit Bulls weren't as common so some kicked da dog.
SOCIAL MEDIA MESSAGE BOARDS CREATE LOGJAMS OF "broken pasta" AM from 60's local talk.LESS cumbersome! LIKE saying am "SORRY" over and over!

1st of all, I would like to thank you for that peek inside my head. ;) You know a lot more about my assumptions that I do. Now to answer your questions:
I continue to answer all of your questions. You still haven't answered mine...:rolleyes:
Well, you did answer with
1)
2)
3)
instead of
1)
B)
3)

Well I think this post hit the nail on the head. This hire was really fast and it makes it surely seem that KF did not talk to anyone else's agents or any other OCs. Did they even post this as an open position?

Now Brian F has done a very good job as run game coord but not so good coaching his Off Line to pass block. I am only hoping that he has absorbed a lot of Bill Obrien and his time with the Pats so he will start using the middle of the field in the passing game. If BF can improve the passing game by 30-50% we should be better.

The deal is done so I hope he can do the job.

Very well said. Plenty of reason for skepticism. If BF is not better than average, Hawks will be stuck with him for as long as his dad is HC. There is a reason nepotism is not a good thing. I think it was a poor hire. No experience, no knew playbook, an offensive lineman - different skill set than an OC.
Fingers crossed that I'm wrong and Iowa throws out their old playbook and hires some skill coaches to help the young man develop an offense that attracts talented QB and WR that are a huge part of today's offenses. Go Hawks!

Sometimes people just bitch for the sake of bitching. Just incredible. What did they do before message boards.

Don't understand the vitriol directed at the writers on this site. It's OK to disagree with them but why the need to attack their integrity? What are you gaining when you do that? How does that make you feel better? SMH man.

Latest posts