Seriously: Time to Drop Iowa State

ChosenChildren

Soon we will be going to 9 conference games.

Penn State dropped Pitt from their schedule when they joined the Big Ten.

Time to drop Iowa State. We have a new natural rival that we play every year (Nebraska) not to mention annual games now with the Gophers, Wolves, Spartans, Wildcats. All of those games are more important than the Iowa State game.

Why in the heck do we need this game? We don't. Schedule a home game every year in their place and be done with it.

Plus their fans are relentless trolls who spread lies about our football program.

Drop 'em like a bad habit. Now.

Soon we will be going to 9 conference games.

Penn State dropped Pitt from their schedule when they joined the Big Ten.

Time to drop Iowa State. We have a new natural rival that we play every year (Nebraska) not to mention annual games now with the Gophers, Wolves, Spartans, Wildcats. All of those games are more important than the Iowa State game.

Why in the heck do we need this game? We don't. Schedule a home game every year in their place and be done with it.

Plus their fans are relentless trolls who spread lies about our football program.

Drop 'em like a bad habit. Now.

Agreed.

To the bolded part, huh? That isn't even true. Go back and look at threads from a couple days ago

Agreed.

To the bolded part, huh? That isn't even true. Go back and look at threads from a couple days ago

Don't need to go back a few days. Just today you were posting that you think KF knew about DJK's drug problem but was cool with it because he was a star player. Proves the bolded right. You're a troll. You lie. And as a bonus I'd add that you must be stupid as ----.

Oh boy. Every thread just turns into the same garb. It only took 3 posts this time

Cyclone 17 does seem to live on this board. He has more posts than I do and he is a Cyclone. Weird......

On the other hand I have Zero posts on Cyclone fanatic.

Agreed. In a perfect world ISU and Iowa play every year, but both schools play such tough schedules already that there is no point.

If they do stop, I will miss the rivalry a little, and I think that Iowa fans will realize this Nebraska rivalry won't be all it's cracked up to be, even if it looks really good on paper.

Don't need to go back a few days. Just today you were posting that you think KF knew about DJK's drug problem but was cool with it because he was a star player. Proves the bolded right. You're a troll. You lie. And as a bonus I'd add that you must be stupid as ----.

Oh boy. I haven't said a bad thing about Iowa or KF and am not a troll. All I said is that people in the program knew DJK did drugs, which they did. And I have also said that isn't a big deal that they knew. I have also said that I doubt KF knew he lived with a drug dealer. I haven't said anything trollish or to hurt the program.

More Hawkeye fans have started garbage rumors than anyone.

But to your original post, yes ISU needs to drop Iowa

Oh boy. I haven't said a bad thing about Iowa or KF and am not a troll. All I said is that people in the program knew DJK did drugs, which they did. And I have also said that isn't a big deal that they knew. I have also said that I doubt KF knew he lived with a drug dealer. I haven't said anything trollish or to hurt the program.

Yes, ISU needs to get off of the Iowa Wellfare Program and drop them. Have some dignity, for Cripes sakes! Act like a D-1 program playing in a BCS conference.
ISU needs to go back and pay the financial difference back to Iowa, that the lopsided agreement has provided ISU, over the last 3 decades.
We accept check or cash. A public apology would go a long ways toward repairing ISU's dignity, but I wont hold my breathe.

Yes, ISU needs to get off of the Iowa Wellfare Program and drop them. Have some dignity, for Cripes sakes! Act like a D-1 program playing in a BCS conference.
ISU needs to go back and pay the financial difference back to Iowa, that the lopsided agreement has provided ISU, over the last 3 decades.
We accept check or cash. A public apology would go a long ways toward repairing ISU's dignity, but I wont hold my breathe.

IDK whether or not it is true, but if it is it would be pretty stupid for a school to agree to a deal where its in-state rival would be making a bunch of money off of it with nothing in return. Iowa signed the contract, so you have no room to complain.

When (if) this series reaches it conclusion, it won't be because ISU wants it to end. Who could ISU get to come to Ames every other that would fill the stands like the Iowa game does?

ISU just lost their other guaranteed sellout in Nebraska; they sure as hell don't want to lose Iowa.

IDK whether or not it is true, but if it is it would be pretty stupid for a school to agree to a deal where its in-state rival would be making a bunch of money off of it with nothing in return. Iowa signed the contract, so you have no room to complain.

It is true. Both teams get 25% of the gate when it's an away game. Since Jack Three Times hold 25K less than Kinnick, ISU comes out ahead in the financials.

I'm not complaining. I am embarrassed for ISU. Its no wonder the B12 programs didnt want to take ISU with them when the league was crumbling.
Living off of the scraps of Iowa's table. Its not like they are a D-2 program or something.
They do play in a BCS conference. Dont they?
I'm surprised they dont hand out paper bags at all the home games against Iowa. They could wear them over their heads until they felt like puking.

It is true. Both teams get 25% of the gate when it's an away game. Since Jack Three Times hold 25K less than Kinnick, ISU comes out ahead in the financials.

It's actually 20%, but that's only until 2012 when the home team will keep all gate revenue. And, it's only about 15-20 thousand less with the hillsides full.

I hate the Iowa State game... putting up with Cyclones is just not worth it. Who doesn't love the chance to beat big brother? They have nothing to lose in that game and give it all they got. Little benefit to playing them at all.

As an ISU fan, I agree that playing this game every year is bad for both schools. I think it prevents each team from exploring games with schools in the other power conferences.

However, if you can't see what a big deal it is for the state in general, you are blind. Kids have ISU / Iowa spirit days, businesses close, etc etc. And don't kid yourself, this game is the biggest boon for the Iowa City economy every year, just as it is for Ames.

All of that combined, I think the best thing would be a two on, two off agreement. That would keep the benefits of the rivalry alive, but would allow ISU and Iowa opportunities to play some other teams as well.

I think it's crazy that Hawk fans don't think KF AND Stanzi knew about DJK.

I think it's crazy for other fans to think that they would do anything about it

I think it's crazy how naive you are about college football. Of course he knew. Everyone in IC has known for 3 years about DJK's love for the magical white powder

This is an example of you trolling, spreading lies, and being a dip----.

BTW this is my last post to you. Either you are too stupid to even have a convo with or you are the trollingest troll who ever lived in his mom's basement. Either way I've got to put you on ignore.

Also, for the record, I don't think all Clone fans are like this. Many are very reasonable people. 17 is not. He's the definition of a troll. Didn't mean to broadbrush the whole fan base like that though.

Latest posts