Seriously, How The F Is Joey Chestnut Not Like 650lbs!

MelroseHawkins

Seriously, I am someone who is really into biology, anatomy and physiology, sciences, etc.. I don't understand how an individual can consume that much and on a consistent basis and not bloat up over 500 lbs. I don't know how it is biologically and scientifically possible. The guy eats up to like 75 hot dogs a contest and completes in many other eating contests throughout the year.

He's I think 6' 1" and about 229 lbs. I don't freaking get it. I have to somewhat watch what I eat and I don't stuff myself now like I used to when I was younger. No buffet's, try to eat fairly healthy, veggies, smaller portions of meat. I no longer need the 16 oz T-bony anymore. Often times, part of my 12 oz ribeye ends up as leftovers in the fridge. I'm not consuming starchy foods like I used to in the past. No baked potatoes all the time or spaghetti which I love. I now use zucchini spirals as a substitute, which is actually very good. I eat sensible meals. If I would eat like that, I'd be huge.

I just don't understand how those competitive eaters can keep the weight off after consuming all those calories consistently throughout the year.

Anybody else wonder this?

That's all. Carry on.

Seriously, I am someone who is really into biology, anatomy and physiology, sciences, etc.. I don't understand how an individual can consume that much and on a consistent basis and not bloat up over 500 lbs. I don't know how it is biologically and scientifically possible. The guy eats up to like 75 hot dogs a contest and completes in many other eating contests throughout the year.

He's I think 6' 1" and about 229 lbs. I don't freaking get it. I have to somewhat watch what I eat and I don't stuff myself now like I used to when I was younger. No buffet's, try to eat fairly healthy, veggies, smaller portions of meat. I no longer need the 16 oz T-bony anymore. Often times, part of my 12 oz ribeye ends up as leftovers in the fridge. I'm not consuming starchy foods like I used to in the past. No baked potatoes all the time or spaghetti which I love. I now use zucchini spirals as a substitute, which is actually very good. I eat sensible meals. If I would eat like that, I'd be huge.

I just don't understand how those competitive eaters can keep the weight off after consuming all those calories consistently throughout the year.

Anybody else wonder this?

That's all. Carry on.
They harf it up afterwards. They have to keep everything down until the contest is over, but afterwards the get rid of it. I saw an interview with that Canadian dude who wins a lot of competitions, I think they call him Furious Pete or something. He said there's no way to keep all that down and your body is constantly heaving until you puke everything up. I've heard other guys say the same thing.

From what I've heard/read they don't train by eating ridiculous amounts of food, either. They train by drinking tons of fluids to stretch their stomachs out, and being fat is actually a hindrance because it decreases the amount of room they have for their stomachs to stretch.

What Fry said is what I saw an interview with Joey Chesnut. He said that he will often throw it up, but not on purpose. He does a cleansing for a few days before to clear himself out which will hopefully help him shit most of it out. As for the calories, he said that the days of cleansing (all liquid) along with the hot dogs, balance each other out calorie wise, and will use the previous and following weeks to even it out. Along with what Fry said about the belly fat, liquids, etc, is what Chesnut said.

They harf it up afterwards. They have to keep everything down until the contest is over, but afterwards the get rid of it. I saw an interview with that Canadian dude who wins a lot of competitions, I think they call him Furious Pete or something. He said there's no way to keep all that down and your body is constantly heaving until you puke everything up. I've heard other guys say the same thing.

From what I've heard/read they don't train by eating ridiculous amounts of food, either. They train by drinking tons of fluids to stretch their stomachs out, and being fat is actually a hindrance because it decreases the amount of room they have for their stomachs to stretch.

Makes sense. But, are they only barfing up 50 of the hot dogs? There has to be many left which would still be overeating, IMO.

What Fry said is what I saw an interview with Joey Chesnut. He said that he will often throw it up, but not on purpose. He does a cleansing for a few days before to clear himself out which will hopefully help him shit most of it out. As for the calories, he said that the days of cleansing (all liquid) along with the hot dogs, balance each other out calorie wise, and will use the previous and following weeks to even it out. Along with what Fry said about the belly fat, liquids, etc, is what Chesnut said.

Man, but it can't be healthy for the body doing that yo yo stuff. Wonder if it's going to catch up with some. Like, that is something that could mess with one's balance in their body and heart health. Also, messing with the systemic system, hormones, insulin, etc.. That is yo yo'ing one's systemic body. Ah well. It's good entertainment.

Like, that is something that could mess with one's balance in their body and heart health. Also, messing with the systemic system, hormones, insulin, etc..
These are the biggest issues IMO. The fat, sodium, weight gain are huge, but the balance in the things you mention are the things that are the most dangerous things. Can't believe some of them live as long as they do.

Man, but it can't be healthy for the body doing that yo yo stuff. Wonder if it's going to catch up with some. Like, that is something that could mess with one's balance in their body and heart health. Also, messing with the systemic system, hormones, insulin, etc.. That is yo yo'ing one's systemic body. Ah well. It's good entertainment.
These are the biggest issues IMO. The fat, sodium, weight gain are huge, but the balance in the things you mention are the things that are the most dangerous things. Can't believe some of them live as long as they do.
You'd be surprised what the human body can tolerate, my dudes.

I have an aunt who has been putting away fifth of $8 vodka per day for the better part of 30 years, smoking a couple packs a day while she's at it. Been in treatment 11 times, detox I don't know how many times, and the hospital at least a hundred times with anything ranging from malnutrition to C.diff to suicide attempts.

She's in a halfway house right now due to come out end of August, and she'll be shitfaced again within a couple days. Sits in her chair drinking room temp vodka mixed with room temp water, smoking whatever the cheapest cigarettes are she can find. Has the TV on, but she's so blasted there's no way she can understand what she's watching. It's a cycle that's been going on since I was a wee lad and her body just keeps on tickin' somehow.

Some fasting followed by a bunch of hotdogs every few weeks ain't gonna kill ya.

You'd be surprised what the human body can tolerate, my dudes.

I have an aunt who has been putting away fifth of $8 vodka per day for the better part of 30 years, smoking a couple packs a day while she's at it. Been in treatment 11 times, detox I don't know how many times, and the hospital at least a hundred times with anything ranging from malnutrition to C.diff to suicide attempts.

She's in a halfway house right now due to come out end of August, and she'll be shitfaced again within a couple days. Sits in her chair drinking room temp vodka mixed with room temp water, smoking whatever the cheapest cigarettes are she can find. Has the TV on, but she's so blasted there's no way she can understand what she's watching. It's a cycle that's been going on since I was a wee lad and her body just keeps on tickin' somehow.

Some fasting followed by a bunch of hotdogs every few weeks ain't gonna kill ya.

Yea, but she's the outlier. They are around.

How old is she now?

As tough as the human body can be, this binging and purging can be dangerous. Bulimics have a good chance of rupturing their esophageal lining. Once that happens it's lights out. With an aneurysm you might have a fighting chance. With a ruptured esophagus, not so much.

As tough as the human body can be, this binging and purging can be dangerous. Bulimics have a good chance of rupturing their esophageal lining. Once that happens it's lights out. With an aneurysm you might have a fighting chance. With a ruptured esophagus, not so much.
Thanks a lot. I googled that. Now I have another thing to worry about dying painfully from.

Latest posts