Seriously folks....

Who doesn't expect the game of the century this week against our most hated foe. I just hope Coach Ferentz doesn't get them too high by game time.

I predict that if Gary Barta ever gets to hire a football coach at the University of Iowa, Iowa will be Purdue.

What makes some sportswriter smarter than KF and the coaching staff? Sportswriters are guys that never could play or coach, so now they are experts? They are simply similar to fans...who are just as clueless. I cannot wait to read about these football experts blow the lid off this scandal in Iowa football....right. Here is the deal with sportwriters...they are not fans of the program, just fans of good stories. And Iowa/KF are tapped out for them in terms of stories. Now, if Iowa hires a Tim Beckman type, and they match the Illini's 17 game league losing streak...hat will be fresh material. Barta is 1 of 2 in his hires....50%...that is a flip of a coin, and I am guessing it would come up tails if he had to hire a replacement for KF....not good.

JH - Are you saying that the writers are "Tapped out" far as stories? If so, I disagree 100%....so much more could/should be written about the demise of what was 10 years ago a Top 10 program. But NOBODY will touch it...just more columns trying to convince the massed that progress is being made. The post game/weekly press conferences with KF are down right embarrassing!!!

JH - Are you saying that the writers are "Tapped out" far as stories? If so, I disagree 100%....so much more could/should be written about the demise of what was 10 years ago a Top 10 program. But NOBODY will touch it...just more columns trying to convince the massed that progress is being made. The post game/weekly press conferences with KF are down right embarrassing!!!

Why won't they touch it? Are they being paid off?

What makes some sportswriter smarter than KF and the coaching staff? Sportswriters are guys that never could play or coach, so now they are experts? They are simply similar to fans...who are just as clueless. I cannot wait to read about these football experts blow the lid off this scandal in Iowa football....right. Here is the deal with sportwriters...they are not fans of the program, just fans of good stories. And Iowa/KF are tapped out for them in terms of stories. Now, if Iowa hires a Tim Beckman type, and they match the Illini's 17 game league losing streak...hat will be fresh material. Barta is 1 of 2 in his hires....50%...that is a flip of a coin, and I am guessing it would come up tails if he had to hire a replacement for KF....not good.

I stopped reading when you called yourself clueless. That was not smart of you. Like you didnt have a clue.