Seriously Fans

CarolinaHawkeye

I'm sure I will catch a ton of crap for this post but at this point I really don't care. It's almost embarrassing as an Iowa fan, to come on here and see the fans so down on this team after yesterdays loss. Let's face reality here.. at one point Iowa started 3 freshman.. This isnt Kentucky (this season being a bad example of them).

The expectations of this team were way to high from the start. There is still a chance to beat Indiana, Illinois, and whomever is left on the regular season schedule.. and then there is the BIG tournament and who knows what will happen then.. This loss could have sparked a fire under the team but only time will tell.

Let's try to stay positive as a fan base and support the team. the future is very bright for Iowa.

I agree with you except for expectations were too high.

It has been a good year, but losing to Nebraska is bad after having a 19 point lead...but no need to jump off the ledge like so many do.

I'm sure I will catch a ton of crap for this post but at this point I really don't care. It's almost embarrassing as an Iowa fan, to come on here and see the fans so down on this team after yesterdays loss. Let's face reality here.. at one point Iowa started 3 freshman.. This isnt Kentucky (this season being a bad example of them).

The expectations of this team were way to high from the start. There is still a chance to beat Indiana, Illinois, and whomever is left on the regular season schedule.. and then there is the BIG tournament and who knows what will happen then.. This loss could have sparked a fire under the team but only time will tell.

Let's try to stay positive as a fan base and support the team. the future is very bright for Iowa.
Lol @ the guy saying expectations were too high. Then says we can still beat Indiana and Illinois.

LOL good point I don't expect us to win or lose the remainder of games. Woodbury will be better next year...so will Clemmons and Gesell and the way Jok is playing he takes Oglesby time next year. The next 2 years we will be a force to be reckoned with in Iowa City. I think the disappointment really stems from losing after having a 19 point lead not that we lost one on the road.

Why are we in a position where we are so young?

I love the people that make the excuse "We're young". At year 3 the recruiting should be spaced out to where you aren't starting so many freshman. There is a team to the west where a coach took over an equally devastated program 3 years ago. That team has evenly spaced classes and will likely be in their second big dance in 3 years.

Being "young" like "rebuilding years" shouldn't be an excuse.

Personally going into this season I knew the team was good enough to compete for an NCAA tourney spot, but also knew how young they were and it would play a factor.. What I didn't know was how poorly they would shoot the ball and that is certainly frustrating. Next year was always the year the basketball team should of had expectations like this in my opinion.

Also, I'm not sure if the Hawks are even done yet.. Doesn't 3 more (which are home games) and also winnable games get them back in the bubble leaving a big10 tourney win a pretty solid case?

Why are we in a position where we are so young?

I love the people that make the excuse "We're young". At year 3 the recruiting should be spaced out to where you aren't starting so many freshman. There is a team to the west where a coach took over an equally devastated program 3 years ago. That team has evenly spaced classes and will likely be in their second big dance in 3 years.

Being "young" like "rebuilding years" shouldn't be an excuse.

The difference is that Iowa is playing in the BEST bball conference while Iowa State might be playing in the 3-4 best.

The difference is that Iowa is playing in the BEST bball conference while Iowa State might be playing in the 3-4 best.

Our strength of schedule is much easier than ISU's. You're right the B1G is better, but remember we only play Michigan, OSU, and MSU once this year. So its misleading when you see that we get the three worst teams Nebby, PSU, and Purdue twice, but three of the top five only once. Conference strength of schedule will be very similar when comparing ISU to Iowa by the end of the year.

Our strength of schedule is much easier than ISU's. You're right the B1G is better, but remember we only play Michigan, OSU, and MSU once this year. So its misleading when you see that we get the three worst teams Nebby, PSU, and Purdue twice, but three of the top five only once. Conference strength of schedule will be very similar when comparing ISU to Iowa by the end of the year.

They very well could end up with the same record. Iowa also beat them.. Also do you really think TCU, WVU, and TTU are superior to the bottom 3 of the b10 lets get real here.

Lets see you got to play TCU 2x,..oh and you got your butts beat by Iowa...really wasn't even close, you got a down WVU team 2x, a Baylor team that was beat up by NOrthwestern. I doubt your CONFERENCE SOS was as good as ours. Iowa didn't play a strong enough pre-conference schedule including ISU.

Playing in the best conference should help you improve as the season winds down.
Playing in a tough conference doesn't give any excuse to losing to Nebraska, Purdue or Virginia Tech.
If Iowa wins 2 out of those 3 "easy" games, they are in the tournament (assuming they don't collapse the last few weeks of the season)

They very well could end up with the same record. Iowa also beat them.. Also do you really think TCU, WVU, and TTU are superior to the bottom 3 of the b10 lets get real here.

I reiterate that the conference strength of schedule will be quite comparable by the end of the year. ISU will likely play 8 top 30 RPI teams in conference, while Iowa will play 7. The bottom feeders of the conference are probably a little easier in the Big 12, but not much. ISU is likely to have 11 wins, while Iowa will only have 9.

Playing in the best conference should help you improve as the season winds down.
Playing in a tough conference doesn't give any excuse to losing to Nebraska, Purdue or Virginia Tech.
If Iowa wins 2 out of those 3 "easy" games, they are in the tournament (assuming they don't collapse the last few weeks of the season)

Can't disagree with any of what you say but lets face it TCU, Texas, WVU, and Texas Tech are 4 VERY poor teams

THose should be 8 wins for ISU just for putting on your tennis shoes. Iowa has 2 BAD conference losses Purdue (who would beat all 4 of the teams mentioned above) and the blown 19 pointer against Neb. no doubt.

Oh, thats why Iowa has an easier strength of schedule? Brilliant analysis.

Iowa's conference SOS is actually marginally better, but ISU's schedule is tougher the last four games. The gap will likely be negligible by years end.

The non-conference schedule is what is killing Iowa's overall SOS and RPI. Unbelievable that we scheduled the 321st hardest non-conference schedule. Shameful and it likely cost us an NCAA bid.

Can't disagree with any of what you say but lets face it TCU, Texas, WVU, and Texas Tech are 4 VERY poor teams

And Ped State, Northwestern, Nebraska and Purdue are equally terrible. What does that have to do with anything?

Right because a scenario of beat everyone we should the rest of the year and make the dance shouldn't light that fire. There is absolutely no excuse for Nebby Minny and Purdue...none. If we beat Indiana I'm going to be twice as ****** as I am now. We don't deserve the tourney anyway, we're not a good team-plain and simple.

Latest posts