Seriously...Big Ten gets ten teams to bowls?

yeah, lots of bowls these days, not like it used to be. and big 10 teams sure do get some bowl love, although we have lots of work to do to actually be the conference we used to be (IMO)

Oh stop it. I'm tired of all the B1G hate. If you luv the SEC drive south and beg them to Sandusky you.

yeah, lots of bowls these days, not like it used to be. and big 10 teams sure do get some bowl love, although we have lots of work to do to actually be the conference we used to be (IMO)

I know. The middle part of the Big Ten has to really drop off before we can get back to the days of the Big 2 and the Little 8. Man do I miss those days.

Wisky has the biggest "oops, they could get rolled" set-up. Iowa also doesn't have the greatest of draws. Basically, Iowa doesn't do any of the things OSU did to roll OU. KF is going to have to do something really special to get this team ready to win this game.

The B1G only wins 2 bowls this year.

Illinois over UCLA
Penn State over Houston

ESPN will jump all over how slow and down the B1G is right now.

I would love to pick Iowa over Oklahoma but I was informed that Oklahoma has way more talent than Iowa.

I think there are 35 bowls and around 120 team in division one. So you have 70 teams going to bowls and 50 staying home.

Big Ten will go 5-5 this year.

There are just too many bowls anymore. When you have multiple 6 win teams making it, or 7 win teams from lower tier conferences in, you know you have more than enough bowls.

While I'm on the subjects of bowls, just go back to the old names. The sponsorships are getting out of hand.

The sponsors are paying money for naming rights so that will never go away no matter how bad you want it. As long as all of these bowls can survive let them keep running. I am a fan of college football and it is nice to turn on the TV in December and find a bowl game. It is a nice trip for the players along with their fans. If you do not like watching a 6 win team or 7 win team from a crappy conference then find something else to watch.

The sponsors are paying money for naming rights so that will never go away no matter how bad you want it. As long as all of these bowls can survive let them keep running. I am a fan of college football and it is nice to turn on the TV in December and find a bowl game. It is a nice trip for the players along with their fans. If you do not like watching a 6 win team or 7 win team from a crappy conference then find something else to watch.

This.

The free market system will weed out the bowls that aren't able to survive financially. I, too, enjoy watching college football from about 12/20 through the BCS National Championship pretty much regardless of who is playing. There are plenty of other choices if you don't want to watch some of the minor bowl games.

Latest posts