Serious Vote

bobdafox

If it were up to a vote to replace coaches, would you vote yes or no to a coaching change at Iowa and, if yes, who would you like to see become the next coach? (Serious answers only, please)

Alright, I'll be serious.

troll_face_serious.jpg

I'm a "No" with a caveat. I am of the mind that Norm Parker deserves the right to go out when he is ready because I trust that he won't be a hanger on. Additionally, yesterday on KXNO Ken Miller strongly intimated that he had heard from multiple good sources that Norm was going to hang up the whistle after the bowl game.

I would not mind seeing a DC who was on the sidelines breathing life and fire into the defense after every series so long as it isn't bullying them ala Carl Pelini.

As far as OC, I still feel that KOK is more creative than Coach F allows him to be so instead of either of them being changed out, I'd just like to see them open up a bit more.

Finally, I'd love to figure out a way to have a dedicated Special Teams coach as opposed to sharing duties amongst two position coaches. I feel that we have seen enough issues between fake punts, fake field goals, onside kicks, missed field goals, etc. to warrent greater attention.

Just my $0.02

No for now unless a realistic big name became available (someone like Bielema and obviously not sure how realistic that is and it's clear he's not available).

I'd like to see new OC not a spread but new ideas and different play calling. As far as Norm I think he's great, but it's not the same as when he was on the sidelines.

Yes and the first call I would make is to Kevin Sumlin. The one caveat is he would have to sign up a top notch D coordinator b/c I simply will not be able to watch Iowa football if we don't have a defense.

KF simply does not appear game to coach any more. Instead of just allowing him to go through the motions, I would rather get someone in here who wants to make things happen. It's all a pipe dream though b/c of his buyout. What I think KF should do at this point is voluntarily reduce his salary by 1 million dollars at least per year. His salary now vs. the results should make him not want to show his face in public.

Yes and the first call I would make is to Kevin Sumlin. The one caveat is he would have to sign up a top notch D coordinator b/c I simply will not be able to watch Iowa football if we don't have a defense.

KF simply does not appear game to coach any more. Instead of just allowing him to go through the motions, I would rather get someone in here who wants to make things happen. It's all a pipe dream though b/c of his buyout. What I think KF should do at this point is voluntarily reduce his salary by 1 million dollars at least per year. His salary now vs. the results should make him not want to show his face in public.

You named another man that intrigues the hell out of me (I'm sure I'm not the only one)

You named another man that intrigues the hell out of me (I'm sure I'm not the only one)

Its now or never with Sumlin. I would be shocked if he is coaching Houston next year with all the current openings. I can see Illinois taking a crack at him. He obviously knows the B10.

My nonserious vote is that we let Kirk be Kirk. As long a he can field a team I say we dont question the ways of the Kirkkennorm.

Yes. I would replace Kirk if we could figure out a way to reincarnate Vince Lombardi. That would be awesome. But I'm not sure fans would like it much because he runs a pretty conservative offense. And he might not be the best recruiter due to his lack of social media skills. Joe Pa and Bobby Bowden as offensive and defensive co-ordinators would be an interesting coaching switch right now, too. A final interesting option would be to have the fans on Kinnick vote on which play to run. Give everyone a number to text their vote. I bet we wouldn't be so conservative then. I know I never pussed out and punted on 4th down in Madden. Instead of patronizing coaches telling players what to do, we could have the players read forums and comments for instruction.

edit: oh. . . I missed the serious part, sorry.

Last edited:

Latest posts