Senior Imposed Curfew

WinOneThisCentury

Would this be out of the question? If I'm Klug, Ballard, Stanzi, or Clayborn...I'm not real happy right now that people continue to do stupid stuff. These guys have the pull to get people in line as this is "their season of promise".

I realize these are 20 year old kids, but as I've seen on this board, "nothing good happens after midnight".

You lose continuity when you can't play your starters those first few games. Last year was a perfect example of that.

I'm with you, where's the senior leadership. If one guy like a Stanzi or Clayborn can't do it alone...this what the leadership council is for. They need to meet, and have a team meeting getting everyone's commitment.

I'm with you, where's the senior leadership. If one guy like a Stanzi or Clayborn can't do it alone...this what the leadership council is for. They need to meet, and have a team meeting getting everyone's commitment.

One main issue I can see with that, is, according to the press, Binns has been a part of the leadership council for the last two years. What does that say to the rest of the team?

Please... let's relax.

It's University Heights.

It's barely above the limit.

BB is almost 21,

What ever happened to tolerance, peace, love and understanding?

Are their any team punnishments involved when one player messes up? In high school our freshman year one of our team mates was cought cussing at a varsity game and we ran sprints untill a few kids lost their lunch. We finally stopped when one kid started crying and you better believe me we didnt screw up again. You never want to be the one who causes this kind of punnishment for the whole team.

Please... let's relax.

It's University Heights.

BB is almost 21,

"Barely" and "Almost" don't mean "Not guilty"...and if we can't count on these guys to use good judgement off of the field, how are we supposed to count on them to use it on the field? It's not an "end of the world" offense, but it's definitely not a good sign when everyone has such high hopes for the upcoming season.

Not that big of a deal. It could happen to any of us on a given night. How many times have you had a couple drinks at a friends place and were able to drive home but might just barely be over the limit. Let him serve his suspension, learn from it, and move on. Let's not make a mountain over a mole hill.

Not that big of a deal. It could happen to any of us on a given night. How many times have you had a couple drinks at a friends place and were able to drive home but might just barely be over the limit. Let him serve his suspension, learn from it, and move on. Let's not make a mountain over a mole hill.

The mole hill becomes a mountain when the mole hills keep piling up...hopefully this is the last one of the summer.

I went to iowa and I understand the atmosphere and the downtown scene, but with this much hype and high expectations, why? Why would you jeopordize what you have in front of you?? Full ride, great athlete that had a great year last year, helluva year in front of you?? What am I missing here??

We don't want to see a mole hill turn into mountain, though. This is why Kirk will run BB until he pukes, and hand him a 1-3 game suspension. Even though this is a minor thing to the rest of us out here in the real world, it's much different as the Head Coach of a major college football program. If he didn't come down hard on things such as this, pretty soon the inmates would be running the asylum, and the NCAA would be poking it's nose around IC. Not exactly want you want to be dealing with.

The mole hill becomes a mountain when the mole hills keep piling up...hopefully this is the last one of the summer.

We don't want to see a mole hill turn into mountain, though. This is why Kirk will run BB until he pukes, and hand him a 1-3 game suspension. Even though this is a minor thing to the rest of us out here in the real world, it's much different as the Head Coach of a major college football program. If he didn't come down hard on things such as this, pretty soon the inmates would be running the asylum, and the NCAA would be poking it's nose around IC. Not exactly want you want to be dealing with.

I guess great minds think alike, huh Shane?:D

Please... let's relax.

It's University Heights.

BB is almost 21,

Amen! It's not like he was driving and texting!(which, btw 4 times deadlier than drunk driving and twice as deadly as driving with a common cold)...

As a cyclone fan (don't stab me in the heart just yet), i sincerely hope that the seniors could lay the hammer a little bit. Rival or not, its always disappointing to see in-state kids get in trouble with the law by not thinking things through.

Are their any team punnishments involved when one player messes up? In high school our freshman year one of our team mates was cought cussing at a varsity game and we ran sprints untill a few kids lost their lunch. We finally stopped when one kid started crying and you better believe me we didnt screw up again. You never want to be the one who causes this kind of punnishment for the whole team.

Um, WTF did you go to school? Because that is freaking crazy. Sounds like your coach was some kind of Pentacostal freak. You pull the one kid aside and explain how his use of language shows disrespect for himself and his team. Sounds like this is more about a coach's power trip or zealotry than about teaching responsibility.

Um, WTF did you go to school? Because that is freaking crazy. Sounds like your coach was some kind of Pentacostal freak. You pull the one kid aside and explain how his use of language shows disrespect for himself and his team. Sounds like this is more about a coach's power trip or zealotry than about teaching responsibility.

When I was in the Army the drill sgts did this all the time but they would pull the kid who screwed up and make him watch all of us get our butts kicked.

Latest posts