Senior Day Spotlight: Ryan Kriener Gave Everything He Had to the Hawkeyes

Great Hawk! So rare to see a guy stick with a program for 4 years, especially a guy who never really got a chance to start. His production, per minute, has always been outstanding. Hope he gets a start on Tuesday!

Small town (Spirit Lake) guy. Never a problem on or off the court. Always played hard. Hawkeye uniform was his dream. Team mates love him. Bound for success down the road. This is what it’s all about. Thank you, Ryan!

If he can keep working on that jump shot from the 3 he could get some looks in Europe. They like those big guys that can shoot the 3 ball.

He's been a solid Hawkeye!

Haven't seen too many Hawks improve more between their underclassman years and upperclassman years than RK.

At times those first couple of years he looked lost out there. No more.

I still remember Kriener's performance vs Michigan in the BTT two years ago. Guy had his moments and was a solid contributor.

More Jarrod Uthoff lite.

White was a different type of player, got to the line more often, got out and ran in the open floor more often, looked for the backdoor lob more often.

Kriener, however, is not without his attributes.

To this day I'm still shocked White didn't hit more 3's in college. He had good looks and wasn't afraid to shoot it, they just didn't go down.

I'm also confused why Fran never runs the alley oop anymore. Seemed like he ran 1 or 2 per game when White was on the team, but even with TC Iowa never ran any.

To this day I'm still shocked White didn't hit more 3's in college. He had good looks and wasn't afraid to shoot it, they just didn't go down.

I'm also confused why Fran never runs the alley oop anymore. Seemed like he ran 1 or 2 per game when White was on the team, but even with TC Iowa never ran any.

It sounds dumb to say, but we haven't had as elite of a dunker since. It's partially athleticism and partially basketball IQ. Cook probably had the similar athleticism, but White's IQ was off the charts. With Toussaint, CJ, and CMac out there, we'd be running them all the time if we had someone to put them home. Could be interesting with the Murray twins the next few years depending how their athleticism and IQ develop.

B1G teams, especially Northwestern and Michigan, seemed to play more zone when Aaron was in the league, especially the 1-3-1. Aaron would find the gaps on the baseline and make himself available for diagonal pass on the alley oop.

Latest posts