Selling 2 MSU v IA tickets

mpgrandpa

I have 2 tickets to sell(as a pair) for the MSU game. Section 105, row 5, seats 7,8. Opposite press box 40-50 yard line. Asking $650 for pair. contact jhawkqb15@msn.com if interested. located in Cedar Rapids.

GOOD GAWD MAN! Unless these are right next to Kirk Ferentz good luck on getting $650 for the pair, YIKES!

Why do people get their panties in a bunch when someone asks a lot for tickets? Would I pay that? No. But you can't blame a guy for trying to get as much as possible out of his seats. I'm sure if he doesn't get any bites, he'll lower the price until the price equals the demand for the tickets. Geesh don't freak out people.

Why do people get their panties in a bunch when someone asks a lot for tickets? Would I pay that? No. But you can't blame a guy for trying to get as much as possible out of his seats. I'm sure if he doesn't get any bites, he'll lower the price until the price equals the demand for the tickets. Geesh don't freak out people.

There's a difference between "asking too much" and price gouging.

Let's make sure we all understand a few things. First, you can't see a damn thing from Row 5 on the East (or West) stands without standing up. With the players in front of you, it's damn near impossible. Second, it's Michigan State, not exactly a traditional juggernaut nor are they a traditional rival.

I'm in the camp thinking that's pretty damn pretentious to come to a Hawkeye message board and try and gouge Hawkeye fans. I hope he has to eat them too.

There's a difference between "asking too much" and price gouging.

Let's make sure we all understand a few things. First, you can't see a damn thing from Row 5 on the East (or West) stands without standing up. With the players in front of you, it's damn near impossible. Second, it's Michigan State, not exactly a traditional juggernaut nor are they a traditional rival.

I'm in the camp thinking that's pretty damn pretentious to come to a Hawkeye message board and try and gouge Hawkeye fans. I hope he has to eat them too.

If you think he's asking too much then a.) make a counter offer, or b.) move along. That's all I'm saying.

I don't know the guy, but it is a free country. If he gets it...he gets it. My seats are in row 23 and this would be a premium year if someone wants to pay it. I give my money to the foundation and if I want to ask $1000 for mine what makes the difference.

It is almost like you are jealous he is asking so much.....in 2006 Ohio State fans were paying
this price and more for tickets.

The original post upset me at first too but then I considered the possibility that this seller had to make a donation to obtain those seats. Even a modest donation of $2,000 would equate to $285 per game. So if this guy is trying to recoup his donation, maybe that price isn't that bad.

Either way, like a previous poster stated, if you think that price is too high then don't buy the tickets. I think it's ridiculous that a Bentley costs $200K. Luckily for me there are hundreds of other cars out there that sell for considerably less.

I have 2 tickets to sell(as a pair) for the MSU game. Section 105, row 5, seats 7,8. Opposite press box 40-50 yard line. Asking $650 for pair. contact jhawkqb15@msn.com if interested. located in Cedar Rapids.

Are these the same Tickets on Stubhub for the Ohio State game that are going for $2,500 a piece for 4. Asking 10k it was section 105 row 3 or 5..

Laughable!!!!!!!

The original post upset me at first too but then I considered the possibility that this seller had to make a donation to obtain those seats. Even a modest donation of $2,000 would equate to $285 per game. So if this guy is trying to recoup his donation, maybe that price isn't that bad.

Either way, like a previous poster stated, if you think that price is too high then don't buy the tickets. I think it's ridiculous that a Bentley costs $200K. Luckily for me there are hundreds of other cars out there that sell for considerably less.

Charging $200K for a Bentley is NOT the same thing. That is the avg market rate for that car. $650 for 2 tickets in an obstructed view seating area against Michigan State is nowhere near market value.

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge the OP for asking whatever he wants. Just don't begrudge people their right to tell him he's effing crazy.

I am tired of so many people trying to rob other people blind with these ludicrous ticket prices each week. a ticket to an iowa game should go for no more then 120 a ticket no matter what game. and so many people try and get 200,300,400 for a ticket what a joke. all thats doing is driving prices up to the point where a guy cant take himself and his son to a game because it will cost him 500 in tickets that is absurd and all you loser mother frrrrsss need to get a life. to the guy trying to sell his tickets to mich st game for 650 for 2 you are a lowlife piece of trash you are a complete scam artist. its mich st for god sakes not the super bowl. and your seats are average at best. now i am sure i will take some heat for this post but i am just stating what so many others are thinking and for those who say oh my god i cant believe he is saying this can suck it. i have season tickets and sold my penn st tickets all 3 for 70 bucks a piece face value all I wanted was what they cost me. the guy who bought these tickets was a dad with 2 sons who hadnt been to a game before and they are 6 an 7 years old and love the hawkeyes the dad couldnt afford to take his kids before because he couldnt find tickets the last 3 or so years to a good game that didnt cost 150 a ticket. So to those out with tickets and cant go to the game rather then ripping people off help another hawk fan out and give him or her a fair price so kinnick is full every weekend because we all love the hawks and there is no sense in robbing another hawk

I am tired of so many people trying to rob other people blind with these ludicrous ticket prices each week. a ticket to an iowa game should go for no more then 120 a ticket no matter what game. and so many people try and get 200,300,400 for a ticket what a joke. all thats doing is driving prices up to the point where a guy cant take himself and his son to a game because it will cost him 500 in tickets that is absurd and all you loser mother frrrrsss need to get a life. to the guy trying to sell his tickets to mich st game for 650 for 2 you are a lowlife piece of trash you are a complete scam artist. its mich st for god sakes not the super bowl. and your seats are average at best. now i am sure i will take some heat for this post but i am just stating what so many others are thinking and for those who say oh my god i cant believe he is saying this can suck it. i have season tickets and sold my penn st tickets all 3 for 70 bucks a piece face value all I wanted was what they cost me. the guy who bought these tickets was a dad with 2 sons who hadnt been to a game before and they are 6 an 7 years old and love the hawkeyes the dad couldnt afford to take his kids before because he couldnt find tickets the last 3 or so years to a good game that didnt cost 150 a ticket. So to those out with tickets and cant go to the game rather then ripping people off help another hawk fan out and give him or her a fair price so kinnick is full every weekend because we all love the hawks and there is no sense in robbing another hawk

(You forgot a period at the end.)

Asking price is a little higher than the selling price on Stubhub. Here are what people HAVE paid for this exact section and game:

142x40m.png

Thats a good breakdown but most people know you pay more for buying from a place like stubhub then you do from the general public unless of course your the guy selling 2 tix for 650 like the butthead above

Latest posts