seibert and the virginia coach getting into a fight

Dolphin and Bobby Hanson mentioned that Harris is quite the trashtalker, which I didn't really see when I switched to watching it on TV. But they claimed he was getting mouthy with our bench

That was a hard-nosed emotional game last night. Congrats to the Hawks for winning on the road on a big stage. I thought the Virginia fans that came to our board were classy and that their program is on the rise. That should be a very good team next year and I'll be watching them play at every opportunity.

Agreed. Tony Bennett is a great coach. In that light, I was very, very surprised to see their players lay down on D towards the end when Iowa made their run, leading to an uncontested "dagger" trey. Dakich also commented on it. That tape will haunt them the whole offseason, but hopefully will lead to growth.

Agreed. Tony Bennett is a great coach. In that light, I was very, very surprised to see their players lay down on D towards the end when Iowa made their run, leading to an uncontested "dagger" trey. Dakich also commented on it. That tape will haunt them the whole offseason, but hopefully will lead to growth.

They got worn down by Iowa, Bennett said as much in his press conference.

Dolphin and Bobby Hanson mentioned that Harris is quite the trashtalker, which I didn't really see when I switched to watching it on TV. But they claimed he was getting mouthy with our bench

Yet one more example of the bad officiating. This isn't the NBA (yet). T the kid up.

i don't think they 'laid down'. they came out of half time all fired up and playing obsessed on defense. hard to keep that effort up - i think eventually they just got tired and when that happened, iowa pulled ahead.

Maybe they meant Anderson. I don't think Harris was talking too much, maybe after he hit a 3, but otherwise he didn't have much to trash talk about. On the other hand Anderson had a lot to trash talk about. It's fine to trash talk, but don't be directing to the bench full of coaches and players who can't be in the game.

When you consider how one-sided the officiating was, that really was best game the Hawks have played this season.

I think we wore them down with our substitutions which seemed better last night or at least worked better than other games. We grew up as a team last night. This team is focused and determined to win and will play hard until the end with a victory.......

:)

We must have been watching a completely different game last night then. What I saw was an immature freshman who, every time he hit a 3 in the first half, was mouthing off at the Iowa players and coaches on our bench. I also saw a guy that was more interested in playing to the crowd than playing a basketball game. I saw a guy who tomahawk'd McCabe and then gave a little extra shove for good measure.

Perhaps you have a different idea of how the game should be played than I do, but that bush-league crap is for posers. The Hawks let the scoreboard do the talking and showed the determination and mental toughness it takes to win a game on the road against a top half ACC team. That Anderson guy would do well to do the same going forward.

Compared to the likes of Sparty's Nix and a few other thugs at MSU and in the B1G... Anderson is a boy scout. I liked his game last night and while I do think he maybe crossed the line a few times - I have to say if he was wearing black and gold no one here would be bashing him.

Compared to the likes of Sparty's Nix and a few other thugs at MSU and in the B1G... Anderson is a boy scout. I liked his game last night and while I do think he maybe crossed the line a few times - I have to say if he was wearing black and gold no one here would be bashing him.

Wrong, the cyclone fans, er...trolls here would be bashing him left and right.

The TV announcers mentioned this twice (at least), too.

When you consider how one-sided the officiating was, that really was best game the Hawks have played this season.
Since the Hawks won, I'll say this:

that was absolutely horrible officiating.

And more than a couple times they were getting caught up with the crowd.

Horrible.

You mess around with Fran and eibert you end up in the river wearing cement shoes

soprano.jpg

How about a scuba tank to go with those shoes......

Spend some time watching the fish float around......

:cool:

I was proud of Selbert standing up for the team, telling the Virginia coaches to control their team. That was a mugging and someone could have been hurt.....

I would have loved to wipe that smug smile off Ritchie McKay,s face......

Siebert moved up big time in my book. He was not backing down with his Iowa mafioso mojo. He was ready to throw down and take on the whole Virginia team. I am seeing another fan favorite and potential legendary status for Siebert.

Latest posts