seibert and the virginia coach getting into a fight

franstheman

I thought that while the Virginia fans who visited here were classy, the players (Anderson) were kind of dooshes and I was glad to see Fran and staff telling the other staff to control their ******* players.

I was hoping someone would close out hard on him on a 3 and put him on his seat. Later Woodbury did that I believe. Be emotional, get your team and fans fired up, but leave the thug crap at home with respect to glaring at the opposing bench and staff. The dude was out of his mind from 3 ( a season 25% shooter), so he was clearly jacked up and rolling, but the glaring crap got old after the first ten minutes. Harris and other VA players were extremely classy throughout, despite the awful officiating and rough play at times.

I loved the competitive and fiery spirit of the whole team last night. They were just not going to lose that game. I love watching this team.

I loved the competitive and fiery spirit of the whole team last night. They were just not going to lose that game. I love watching this team.

Me too racer. You could tell that the Hawks wanted this win and they weren't going to let VA take it from them.

I thought that while the Virginia fans who visited here were classy, the players (Anderson) were kind of dooshes and I was glad to see Fran and staff telling the other staff to control their ******* players.

Besides glaring, what else was Anderson (#23) doing? I was there, but didn't watch him too closely as he operated in the paint. Was he throwing elbows and grabbing shirts and arms a lot? Trash talking? Was he the one that got into it with May with some elbow throwing?

Besides glaring, what else was Anderson (#23) doing? I was there, but didn't watch him too closely as he operated in the paint. Was he throwing elbows and grabbing shirts and arms a lot? Trash talking? Was he the one that got into it with May with some elbow throwing?

TV crew said he was jawing at the Hawk bench after he hit his first couple three's. Then when he landed on top of McCabe, he kinda pushed McCabe back to the floor when he got up. And yes, I think that was May and Andersen getting together.

I got no problem with enthusiasm and playing to the crowd but when you start mean-mugging the opposing bench, etc........ain't nobody got time fo dat.

I didnt see Anderson as a thug..I thought he played hard and just wanted to win. After a hard foul on a Hawk towards the end he went over and apologized. When he got tangled up with McCabe the reply showed he just got away from Zach quickly - it was a clean play.

That was a hard-nosed emotional game last night. Congrats to the Hawks for winning on the road on a big stage. I thought the Virginia fans that came to our board were classy and that their program is on the rise. That should be a very good team next year and I'll be watching them play at every opportunity.

I didnt see Anderson as a thug..I thought he played hard and just wanted to win. After a hard foul on a Hawk towards the end he went over and apologized. When he got tangled up with McCabe the reply showed he just got away from Zach quickly - it was a clean play.

That was a hard-nosed emotional game last night. Congrats to the Hawks for winning on the road on a big stage. I thought the Virginia fans that came to our board were classy and that their program is on the rise. That should be a very good team next year and I'll be watching them play at every opportunity.

We must have been watching a completely different game last night then. What I saw was an immature freshman who, every time he hit a 3 in the first half, was mouthing off at the Iowa players and coaches on our bench. I also saw a guy that was more interested in playing to the crowd than playing a basketball game. I saw a guy who tomahawk'd McCabe and then gave a little extra shove for good measure.

Perhaps you have a different idea of how the game should be played than I do, but that bush-league crap is for posers. The Hawks let the scoreboard do the talking and showed the determination and mental toughness it takes to win a game on the road against a top half ACC team. That Anderson guy would do well to do the same going forward.

I thought Anderson was crossing the line throughout the game. I don't know that he did anything that was really against the rules and I know he was "feeling it" which really gets the adrenaline going. However, he was not representing himself in a very positive light.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt and attribute it to him being a freshman...hope he matures. I want guys to play with passion and put it all on the line to win. There's a balance there that can be hard for a freshman to grasp. Some guys never "get it." I hope he does eventually and I'm sure he's a crowd favorite to Virginia fans.

I thought Anderson was crossing the line throughout the game. I don't know that he did anything that was really against the rules and I know he was "feeling it" which really gets the adrenaline going. However, he was not representing himself in a very positive light.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt and attribute it to him being a freshman...hope he matures. I want guys to play with passion and put it all on the line to win. There's a balance there that can be hard for a freshman to grasp. Some guys never "get it." I hope he does eventually and I'm sure he's a crowd favorite to Virginia fans.

I'd take him on the Hawks. If so, I'm sure he'd be a crowd favorite at CHA. It was an intense game, both teams played hard, which was impressive, to me. You could tell both teams really wanted to get to MSG. Maybe emotions got a little boiled up, but I'd take that atmosphere all day. Fran's team isn't going to back down from a good fight, that's for sure.

Who was the fat slop who fought with Sherman Dillard during timeout, i didnt understand what that was about?

Not sure if serious. The "fat slop" was our video coordinator, Al Seibert. "Sherman Dillard" was Ritchie McKay, Associate Head Coach for Virginia.

It was about McKay getting in our players' faces and Seibert regulatin'.

Not sure if serious. The "fat slop" was our video coordinator, Al Seibert. "Sherman Dillard" was Ritchie McKay, Associate Head Coach for Virginia.

It was about McKay getting in our players' faces and Seibert regulatin'.

And, for conspiracy theorists, what was one of McKay's previous jobs? That's right, head coach of New Mexico! He was the coach before Alford. :)

I'd take him on the Hawks. If so, I'm sure he'd be a crowd favorite at CHA. It was an intense game, both teams played hard, which was impressive, to me. You could tell both teams really wanted to get to MSG. Maybe emotions got a little boiled up, but I'd take that atmosphere all day. Fran's team isn't going to back down from a good fight, that's for sure.

Yeah, I'd also take him...so I couldn't be too hard on the kid!

Latest posts