Seeding

Ree4

I know most of you goobers know how seeding works better than I do. From most prognostications I've seen we're currently listed as a 7 seed. Do we have room to improve? I'd love to see us get to the 5 or 6 line.

Ya'll have said that the NET ranking is very important for seeding, but it seems that win or lose our NET rank only changes by 1 or 2 depending on a win or loss. Obviously if we lose out we "could" miss the tourney altogether, but it appears at this point in the season our NET is close to set in stone. Do we actually have a chance to move up and out of the 7 line? Would we have to win out (not counting BTT) to get there?

Lunardi has Iowa as a 6 seed and that's what I think they deserve as of right now. The 7 seed projections seem a little low for a team ranked in the top 20 NET and ranked in the AP polls. I did see one project Iowa as a 4 seed and that's a tad too generous at this point.

At the moment 6 or 7 can both be right. Can't argue with them cause they are not a high or top two 6 just yet. Probably in a range from third or fourth # 6 to first or second #7. I'd say they are 7 #2 right now.

If we beat Nebraska, Northwestern, and Michigan, then lose to Illinois, I bet we are a low 5 or high 6. If we win one in the conference tourney we probably lock a 5.