SEC puts offer out to Missouri

This is the one move that I do not want to see happen, Mizzou ending up in the SEC. This is Big Ten land, not SEC.

Huh?? As of now Misery is in Big12 land and they border a state in the SEC (Arkansas) and the Big10 (Iowa and Illinois). I wouldn't exactly call Misery "Big10 country".

Huh?? As of now Misery is in Big12 land and they border a state in the SEC (Arkansas) and the Big10 (Iowa and Illinois). I wouldn't exactly call Misery "Big10 country".

Read the rest of the thread before you respond as I've already corrected myself. Missouri is a midwest state and the Big Ten is a midwest conference, it is not in the best interest of the Big Ten to have the SEC in the midwest.

Must you be a jacka$$ to everyone you respond to?

Do you guys really read what ESPN says and run with it? ESPN now has a story up saying that SEC has never invited MIzzou. It just goes to show you that you shouldn't believe everything you read.

Big 12 will go to equal sharing, will add 3 teams and ISU will end up much better in this than they were before.

And 40% of Hawkeye fans on this board will cry! : )

Do you guys really read what ESPN says and run with it? ESPN now has a story up saying that SEC has never invited MIzzou. It just goes to show you that you shouldn't believe everything you read.

Big 12 will go to equal sharing, will add 3 teams and ISU will end up much better in this than they were before.

If your ******* could read you would see that I started this thread showing an article from the Kansas City Star not ESPN.

We have heard that before with TAMU, right? Where there is smoke there is fire. I just think Mizzou will stay put if the B12 stays together and the SEC wants to save face. So the SEC comes out and says they never invited Mizzou, officially, even though I would not doubt a deal was on the table to extend that invite.

AWESOME!!!! Now get that scoreboard paid off before Texas makes another move and the B12 falls apart. The rest of us Iowans do not want to get stuck paying for Pollards dumb moves.

That 40% number is kinda high as honestly most of us could care less. I still thinks it hurts Iowa having 2 BCS schools in the state but I understand how bad you guys need the money.

We have heard that before with TAMU, right? Where there is smoke there is fire. I just think Mizzou will stay put if the B12 stays together and the SEC wants to save face. So the SEC comes out and says they never invited Mizzou, officially, even though I would not doubt a deal was on the table to extend that invite.

AWESOME!!!! Now get that scoreboard paid off before Texas makes another move and the B12 falls apart. The rest of us Iowans do not want to get stuck paying for Pollards dumb moves.

That 40% number is kinda high as honestly most of us could care less. I still thinks it hurts Iowa having 2 BCS schools in the state but I understand how bad you guys need the money.

Your an idiot for multiple reasons. First taxpayers don't pay for any of ISU athletics anymore, especially the scoreboard.

2nd there are more ISU threads on this site lately than Iowa ones. But you still could care less (which means you could care by the way you idiot). And you are posting in this thread, which again shows you care.

Mizzou was never going to the SEC. OU was never going to Pac 12. Big 12 was never falling apart. Like I have said over and over again.

Hahaha...I will believe it when I see it in a contract that Texas has agreed to equal revenue sharing. Good luck with that.

p.s. don't hold your breath

Your an idiot for multiple reasons. First taxpayers don't pay for any of ISU athletics anymore, especially the scoreboard.

2nd there are more ISU threads on this site lately than Iowa ones. But you still could care less (which means you could care by the way you idiot). And you are posting in this thread, which again shows you care.

Mizzou was never going to the SEC. OU was never going to Pac 12. Big 12 was never falling apart. Like I have said over and over again.
From what I can tell ISU took out $40 mil in bonds to pay for their sports upgrades including the scoreboard. If the Big 12 falls apart and ISU loses the TV revenue they have coming in YES Iowa tax payers will be stuck with the bill.

If the Pac 12 would have made concessions for the LHN I think Texas would have gone. I don't think this was all some giant conspiracy theory to get Texas to share more revenue. However, unlike current Big 12 leadership, Larry Scott is smart and said no thanks. Texas will try to find teams that will bend over like everyone else. If they can't find a a tenth team to join, they may have to share a little. But if BYU comes with no change in the conference structure, then Texas is happy until others start threatening to leave again.

And as I was writing, I see a meeting scheduled Thursday for Big 12. It appears that revenue sharing is a possibility. I still don't think this was all a ploy, but it does appear all may end well for ISU

There is that Jan Brady syndrome I was talking about in another thread. The middle child of the state is sooooo jealous of big brother. :D

You ever hear of bonds? ;)

Pay off that damn scoreboard!!!

Because it is so much fun! Us Hawk fans are so concerned over our little sisters well being that we all want to talk about it. :D

You can tell Jamie Pollard to get his lips off Oklahoma's a$$ because it looks like they decided to stay along with Missouri's. I would give him a huge pay raise if I was you.

Latest posts