SEC Commish Creates Ripples

There has to be more changes he wants to make to go with those rules. If I read it right, he is saying raise the gpa to 2.5 and make them RS and 6 years to finish. No way they will do that without changing the number of ships they can offer. 25% or more of their schollies could be on RS FR and non eligible 6th year SR's. Either he didnt think it thru or he didnt say it all.

I have a feeling a few other high-profile Big 12 teams are just going to get sick of Texas holding them by the scrotum & eventually do something about it. There will be a coup or something. Texas is just killing that conference but the funny thing is that the other teams are letting them do it.

Why such a silence from the Clone faithful in these SEC/Texas A&M threads? They are usually over here running their mouths about everything.

They must be over on Fanatic brainstorming ways to convince Delaney to invite them into the Big Ten.

Yes, it must be hard for Slive to keep a straight face when indicating that a school does not have to cheat to win a NC...maybe not,but it sure helps!
Sadly, the OSU scandal taints the Big Ten somewhat at a time when they could have been on the high road.
As for further expansion, I am thinking Delany will go slow. If they went to 16, Iowa would only play 1 school outside their division? Yuk. I still think it comes back to ND. If and when they want in,then you add an eastern team like Rutgers or Pitt,and go to a 9 game league schedule so you can at least play 3 games out of the division. 14 is plenty big.

Why such a silence from the Clone faithful in these SEC/Texas A&M threads? They are usually over here running their mouths about everything.

They must be over on Fanatic brainstorming ways to convince Delaney to invite them into the Big Ten.

And how they will call for the BOR to step in if Delaney were, for some unknown reason, fail to offer ISU an invite.

Bruce Rastetter is on the BOR now and an Iowa alum and huge donor. I don't think ISU has many allies on the BOR anymore.

I believe the new BOR president is an ISU alum. But no, I don't think they should try and wield any influence, that is the job of ISU.

But to the A&M point, what reason do they go to their legislature as to why they are moving? The money is pretty even, it could hurt academics more than it helps, and you are leaving the other state schools in a potential scramble. All because you feel inferior to Texas. I just don't see it being allowed to happen, especially now that the money is there in the Big12.

Even if it does happen. I would first contact BYU. If they were to join, they would more than make up for A&M's departure. I'm truly not worried about A&M. If OU were to get the itch, then that's another story. But I see it to be an even harder sell for them.

Bruce Rastetter is on the BOR now and an Iowa alum and huge donor. I don't think ISU has many allies on the BOR anymore.

Iowa has a 8.333...% voice in who is admitted to the conference. Frankly this is about increasing the size of the viewing audience. If the B1G expands the schools have to add more eyeballs or bring more cachet.

I really don't think the B1G is interested in expanding unless Notre Dame would decide to join a conference.

Iowa has a 8.333...% voice in who is admitted to the conference. Frankly this is about increasing the size of the viewing audience. If the B1G expands the schools have to add more eyeballs or bring more cachet.

I really don't think the B1G is interested in expanding unless Notre Dame would decide to join a conference.

If they expand they are not going to cover a market they already have a presence in (excluding ND because everybody the B1G would take them in a heartbeat). Further expansion looks to be in some of the ACC states or maybe Mizzou. I would put ISU's chances to get picked by the Big 10 at around 1%.

There has to be more changes he wants to make to go with those rules. If I read it right, he is saying raise the gpa to 2.5 and make them RS and 6 years to finish. No way they will do that without changing the number of ships they can offer. 25% or more of their schollies could be on RS FR and non eligible 6th year SR's. Either he didnt think it thru or he didnt say it all.

This. There is something sinister going on here. How can the SEC be for raising academic standards?!

Next thing you know, there will be fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Latest posts