SEC/Big 12 Bowl Pact will have Big Ten Ripple Effect

I bet we will get a conference crown before ISU does. Hell, I bet Iowa will get to the conference championship game win or lose before ISU gets 2nd in the Big 12.

Although I give ISU about a 0 zero chance of reaching the conference finals in the next 10 years, I would give Iowa about a 5% chance, so I wold take that bet.

Although I give ISU about a 0 zero chance of reaching the conference finals in the next 10 years, I would give Iowa about a 5% chance, so I wold take that bet.

I can appreciate the scientific methodology used in reaching your conclusion. Very impressive!

Sounds like groundwork for a playoff.

B1G vs. Pac12 (Rose Bowl)
SEC vs. Big XII (?)

winners meet in National Championship

Yes! Bowlsby didn't get involved to downsize. Plus, he had the Pac 12 Commish's blessing. This could be a big win for these Big 4 Conferences! The other conferences are not nearly as popular as these 4 in football. These 4 could break away from the NCAA.

The other conferences are not nearly as popular as these 4 in football. These 4 could break away from the NCAA.

It sure looks that way. Things seem to be headed toward lifting recruiting restrictions & paying athletes. A real NFL farm league.

It all seems so strange when something you've known to be true for so long starts to turn into something completely different.

Last summer, ISU looked seriously in danger of begging for a Big East invite or ending up in the MAC/MWC/CUSA. Now they are a solid member of what could be the future of college football. It is like they won the friggin lottery, and they deserve to be ecstatic.

This.

Last summer, ISU looked seriously in danger of begging for a Big East invite or ending up in the MAC/MWC/CUSA. Now they are a solid member of what could be the future of college football. It is like they won the friggin lottery, and they deserve to be ecstatic.

I'm still waiting for all the ISU fans that post on here to start calling for congressional hearings and every politician possible to get involved in this like they were the previous 2 years.

I'm still waiting for all the ISU fans that post on here to start calling for congressional hearings and every politician possible to get involved in this like they were the previous 2 years.

I still see congress possibly getting involved if superconferences do come to fruition.

It wasn't out of question for ISU fans to want state representatives to ensure the safety of their institution. I'd fully expect Iowa fans to want the same if they happen to ever be in that position.

Honestly I'm not opposed to removing the tax breaks for college sports if they would actually get some revenue from it. As a lot of the articles said when Grassley was making a stink about it though, they'd probably funnel the money through tax exempt channels though.

I don't blame ISU fans for being excited. But please don't compare Iowa's membership in the Big 10 to ISU's membership to the Big 12. Iowa has won conference titles and been to major bowl games including BCS games. ISU has not. I admit that there are advantages to being in the Big 10, but it is a partnership of universities. The Big 12 is Texas, Oklahoma, and everyone else. They have taken steps to becoming more equal, but they aren't there yet.

So Iowa is Northwestern?

Silly clown, has Northwestern finished in the Top 10 four times in the past ten years?

Though you do make a very nice point: Northwestern has won more conference titles in the past 10 years than ISU has won in the past century.

Actually I'm a big NW fan. Why do you come on so butthurt?

First thing, NW hasn't won a conference title in the past 10 years. Second thing, if my research is correct, ISU won the Big 8 title in 1912, so technically you are wrong and then wrong again.

Don't be another clown patrol troll on here, especially if you're just going to bring Hawk fans down with your butthurt ****** posturing.

First thing, NW hasn't won a conference title in the past 10 years. Second thing, if my research is correct, ISU won the Big 8 title in 1912, so technically you are wrong and then wrong again.

Don't be another clown patrol troll on here, especially if you're just going to bring Hawk fans down with your butthurt ****** posturing.

You are the one with the hurt butt. I can tell from the way you are sitting. Yes, NU won the B10 back in 2000, so it's been 12 years. I'm happy you corrected me. ISU shared the title to the Missouri Valley Athletic Association back in 1912, which is 100 years ago, which most people would accept as a "century," Mr. Redbutt.

So, to the point, why are you bringing Northwestern into a conversation about Iowa Vs. ISU? Is it only to spread your irritated buttcheeks around the internet, or because Northwestern is so irrelevant these days that interjecting such a non sequitur into a conversation is the only way to get them any attention? I suppose it is the latter since the other Northwestern fan has signed out of the NU fanboard for the evening.

By the way, will Mr. Patty Fitzfitz's team finish with a winning record this year, or will he post another losing season to make it 4/7 seasons at NU with losing records?

You are the one with the hurt butt. I can tell from the way you are sitting. Yes, NU won the B10 back in 2000, so it's been 12 years. I'm happy you corrected me. ISU shared the title to the Missouri Valley Athletic Association back in 1912, which is 100 years ago, which most people would accept as a "century," Mr. Redbutt.

So, to the point, why are you bringing Northwestern into a conversation about Iowa Vs. ISU? Is it only to spread your irritated buttcheeks around the internet, or because Northwestern is so irrelevant these days that interjecting such a non sequitur into a conversation is the only way to get them any attention? I suppose it is the latter since the other Northwestern fan has signed out of the NU fanboard for the evening.

By the way, will Mr. Patty Fitzfitz's team finish with a winning record this year, or will he post another losing season to make it 4/7 seasons at NU with losing records?

SO to assuage your sore butt, I will edit my offensive(?) post pointing out that both NU & ISU are both lesser programs than Iowa is.

"Actually you make a very nice point. NU has won more conference championships in the past 12 years than ISU has won in the past 99.5 years."

Hope that soothes your Northwestern butthurt for the day.

:( <----butthurt icon is purple for a reason, you know!!!

SO to assuage your sore butt, I will edit my offensive(?) post pointing out that both NU & ISU are both lesser programs than Iowa is.

"Actually you make a very nice point. NU has won more conference championships in the past 12 years than ISU has won in the past 99.5 years."

Hope that soothes your Northwestern butthurt for the day.

:( <----butthurt icon is purple for a reason, you know!!!

Double the butthurt huh?

Wrestling_butthurt.gif

images

If there is another bowl that comes remotely close to the history and prestige of the Rose Bowl it is the Sugar Bowl, I even put the Cotton Bowl in front of the Fiesta. I would find it hard to believe the SEC would make any deals with the Big12 without the Sugar Bowl being involved.
I think if you went back 40 or so years, the Orange Bowl has factored in many more National Championships than the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, or Cotton. It is the real "Grand Daddy."

Latest posts