Seau had CTE

How is this the NFL's fault? No one pays in the NFL because they have to. It's part of the assumed risk when your job is to run into other people at a high rate of speed. No doubt a lot of dudes truly have brain issues after an NFL career, but that's not the fault of anyone.

How is this the NFL's fault? No one pays in the NFL because they have to. It's part of the assumed risk when your job is to run into other people at a high rate of speed. No doubt a lot of dudes truly have brain issues after an NFL career, but that's not the fault of anyone.
I do agree but the league should have been on top of the issue a lot sooner than just lately.

I do agree but the league should have been on top of the issue a lot sooner than just lately.

Then what the hell is boxing thinking? Look, you go into this knowing what the consequences are, right? Or was the NFL hidin the fact that their employees could get hurt and suffer long term damages from football?

Then what the hell is boxing thinking? Look, you go into this knowing what the consequences are, right? Or was the NFL hidin the fact that their employees could get hurt and suffer long term damages from football?

What about high school football? I could see a drastic drop in participation if the players win a high profile lawsuit.

What about high school football? I could see a drastic drop in participation if the players win a high profile lawsuit.

Maybe. You might. Kinda like smoking, almost. You now know all the risks and you can choose to do it or not. Well, not exactly the same, but ya know.

Granted I only played 2A ball in Iowa, but there wasn't enough hard hitting in HS football to really do much damage to ppl. I only saw about 2 concussions in 4 years. Translate that to big-time Texas HS football, and you will see some hitting.

I just don't know how they are going to make the game safe enough for this whole problem to go away.

The only way for football to be safer is for fans to stop buying tickets. It's not going to happen. The NFL wasn't hiding anything from the players. All these players are mature enough to know what they're doing.

there's pretty good evidence that the NFL knew and tried to hide some of this info on the long term stuff. wasn't until very recently that the NFL even agreed that this stuff is legit, they denied the existence of things like CTE for a long time. if the NFLPA and such have a legit gripe, it is on those grounds. now that the info is out, it is more on the players to know and/or make those decisions.

there's pretty good evidence that the NFL knew and tried to hide some of this info on the long term stuff. wasn't until very recently that the NFL even agreed that this stuff is legit, they denied the existence of things like CTE for a long time. if the NFLPA and such have a legit gripe, it is on those grounds. now that the info is out, it is more on the players to know and/or make those decisions.

So players had no clue that blows to the head year after year could cause permanent damage? Uh, alright. I get that ppl will sue for anything, but it's ludicrous that they didn't know. And all players do is ***** about getting called for PF penalties now anyways.

The only way for football to be safer is for fans to stop buying tickets. It's not going to happen. The NFL wasn't hiding anything from the players. All these players are mature enough to know what they're doing.

it is a violent game, and there really isn't much left to do outside of literally changing the game itself. i think that now that the info is out there, it is on the players to decide if they want to continue, fully realizing the consequences and taking on the responsibility. i think this issue is very similar to smoking. now that there are all these warnings and education out there, you don't have a case against big tobacco in court like you did 20 years ago.

it is a violent game, and there really isn't much left to do outside of literally changing the game itself. i think that now that the info is out there, it is on the players to decide if they want to continue, fully realizing the consequences and taking on the responsibility. i think this issue is very similar to smoking. now that there are all these warnings and education out there, you don't have a case against big tobacco in court like you did 20 years ago.

Woah. Thief. Easy, pal.

So players had no clue that blows to the head year after year could cause permanent damage? Uh, alright. I get that ppl will sue for anything, but it's ludicrous that they didn't know. And all players do is ***** about getting called for PF penalties now anyways.

they probably didn't know that they could end up killing themselves at 42 because of significant brain damage and chronic depression. they knew there were risks, for sure. and i don't know if it will hold up in court or not, i doubt it will actually.

Woah. Thief. Easy, pal.

you don't like that i agreed with your comparison?

while i understand the arguements of the extremists on both sides, i find myself in the middle on this. i think the changes made in football to this point are/were necessary, but i don't think there needs to be many more changes. as long as all the info is out there, and players really do know what they're getting into, i'm for it. i love football. i'm not going to stop watching it. but if i had a son, i definitely would advise against it.

Boxing is different. Boxers are individual contractors who fight other individual contractors. NFL players are employed by teams, represented by a union, and goverened by the league.

BTW lawsuits are coming in boxing as well, but they are going to be against fight promoters not sanctioning bodies.

Boxing is different. Boxers are individual contractors who fight other individual contractors. NFL players are employed by teams, represented by a union, and goverened by the league.

BTW lawsuits are coming in boxing as well, but they are going to be against fight promoters not sanctioning bodies.

My point was you know what you are getting into when doing it.

How is the fact that players didn't know about this surprising? Doctors are just now learning about CTE and you're saying that players should have already known about it years before? Give me a break.

Latest posts