Season Tickets

We have a group of 6 tickets together. We get the seat backs for the two outside seats. This way it acts as a buffer as people try to crowd in, or take the spots.

That's some good thinking. Then, you don't have to pay for all the seatbacks. I think I might steal that idea for next year if that is okay with you.

So does that $50 donation go toward the donation you have to make for certain seats as well as give you priority in buying tickets?

I believe the donation to the Scholarship fund will go towards seating in the link I provided earlier. The seat donations are anywhere from $50 to $500 per seat on the sides of Kinnick and no donation required for endzone seats.

Here is a list of the level of memberships and donation requirements. I believe season ticket sales for new members go like this:

Day 1: Kinnick Society and Champion Hawks
Day 2: the above and Golden Hawks
Day 3: all the above and Silver Hawks
Day 4: all the above and Bronze Hawks
Day 5: all the above and Century Hawks
Day 6: all the above and now the general public.

I-Club Membership Levels - The University of Iowa Foundation

So if you donate $50 to the scholarship fund you would order tickets on day 5 and that $50 would go towards a seat in a section on the side of Kinnick, however if you get 2 or more tickets each seat will require the $50 donation or higher depending on the seats you want and are available.

I believe the donation to the Scholarship fund will go towards seating in the link I provided earlier. The seat donations are anywhere from $50 to $500 per seat on the sides of Kinnick and no donation required for endzone seats.

Here is a list of the level of memberships and donation requirements. I believe season ticket sales for new members go like this:

Day 1: Kinnick Society and Champion Hawks
Day 2: the above and Golden Hawks
Day 3: all the above and Silver Hawks
Day 4: all the above and Bronze Hawks
Day 5: all the above and Century Hawks
Day 6: all the above and now the general public.

I-Club Membership Levels - The University of Iowa Foundation

So if you donate $50 to the scholarship fund you would order tickets on day 5 and that $50 would go towards a seat in a section on the side of Kinnick, however if you get 2 or more tickets each seat will require the $50 donation or higher depending on the seats you want and are available.

The above list is more for single game tickets, which usually go on sale early-mid July. Season ticket allocation is based on priority points. If you donate $50 prior to submitting your app, you would receive 1 point for being an I-Club member, putting you above all the zero priority people who are ordering for the 1st time. If you're worried about getting seats, I'd recommend donation prior to submitting your app.

So the $50 would also go to your seat purchase donation if you didnt want to sit in the endzone as well as your priority point. I am a graduate so i saw you get 10 points for that. That would put you above the 0 automatically but I guess a $50 donation would give you an extra point in front of just the graduates. Also that little chart referenced above said century club is on day 5 and that is a $200 donation.

So the $50 would also go to your seat purchase donation if you didnt want to sit in the endzone as well as your priority point. I am a graduate so i saw you get 10 points for that. That would put you above the 0 automatically but I guess a $50 donation would give you an extra point in front of just the graduates. Also that little chart referenced above said century club is on day 5 and that is a $200 donation.

Yes, the $50 payment to the I-Club counts toward your seat priority, thus if you pick seats where a $50/seat donation is required, you already paid it.

That chart listed above has nothing to do with buying season tickets. There is a tiered system used for buying single game tickets. It usually goes:

Day 1: Kinnick/Champion
Day 2: Kinnick/Champion/Golden Hawk
Day 3: Kinnick/Champion/Golden Hawk/Silver Hawk
Day 4: Kinnick/Champion/Golden Hawk/Silver Hawk/All other donors/General Public

That's some good thinking. Then, you don't have to pay for all the seatbacks. I think I might steal that idea for next year if that is okay with you.

Glad I could help! Just don't blame me when you sit on the metal bench when it is cold out.....quit a bit colder than the seatbacks!!

So if you have had season tickets for 4 years, will someone who pays this 50$ get ahead of you in line? I am just wondering, I have a buddy who is trying to figure this out as well. He is wanting to donate the top dollar amount and wanting to get first pick. I told him I dont think he would move ahead of people who have been getting season tickets for years. But he told me I was wrong. Just wondering if anyone can help us out. Thanks

So if you have had season tickets for 4 years, will someone who pays this 50$ get ahead of you in line? I am just wondering, I have a buddy who is trying to figure this out as well. He is wanting to donate the top dollar amount and wanting to get first pick. I told him I dont think he would move ahead of people who have been getting season tickets for years. But he told me I was wrong. Just wondering if anyone can help us out. Thanks

Season ticket holders receive 3 priority points per consecutive year of season tickets purchased. So unless the person paying $50 has already had season tickets for a few consecutive years, is an Iowa Alum, or former letterwinner than no, that $50 donor will not be ahead of the season ticket holder. That said, if a current season ticket holder requests a move, that will be looked at first before any new season ticket holders are allocated seats.

Thanks for all the insight. You guys are very knowledgable about the process. Here's my question about this: How do you know the ticket office is playing fair? How do you all the points are being added and calculated properly? Sounds like a complex process that could get mucked up easily. Is there any way to know everything was done by the book?

Thanks for all the insight. You guys are very knowledgable about the process. Here's my question about this: How do you know the ticket office is playing fair? How do you all the points are being added and calculated properly? Sounds like a complex process that could get mucked up easily. Is there any way to know everything was done by the book?

This link will tell you how priority points are calculated: IOWA OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE - Tickets

So you should know about how many priority points you have. Remember all your donations have to go to Athletics. Donations to academics does not count. Plus, what would the ticket office have to gain if they wanted to mess up your priority? Computers take care of all this stuff nowdays so it can't be wrong, right? :)

Latest posts