Season Tickets

Ahawkalypse

My fiance and I are looking into becoming season ticket holders this year, and for many years to come. Any info on when applications need to be in, when they can be picked up or anything about them? I know about the prices with donations and what not but just curious when the date is to get the ball rolling.

Not sure what date this year, but last year was March 9th for season tickets. Contact the UI ticket office to find out details. 1-800 IA-HAWKS

I really think that season tix are gonna go REALLY fast this year, the home schedule is ridiculous. My buddy and I got them last year, so we're definitely going to renew and thinking about adding two more to our four from last year. I have a feeling others are going to do this as well...whether its to make an extra buck or actually use them. Good luck tho!

I really think that season tix are gonna go REALLY fast this year, the home schedule is ridiculous. My buddy and I got them last year, so we're definitely going to renew and thinking about adding two more to our four from last year. I have a feeling others are going to do this as well...whether its to make an extra buck or actually use them. Good luck tho!

I can't agree more, I just graduated college (UNI) but have always been a hawkeye fan. The past few seasons I have been purchasing the three game package deals as a fathers day gift but I think this is the year to get season tickets. I love going to Kinnick, its just a long day coming from southern Iowa, but with the home games we have this year it will be hard to pass up.

Yeah i personally think the ticket sales are actually going to rise up a little bit. I don't think it will be a HUGE increase, because with our success always comes a price increase. I know several people who we sit by say, if they raise prices, they will stay at home and watch. I personally am re-newing for sure, but eventually i hope they don't keep increasing the price of season tickets.

Definitely add two more seats. Then you can go out into the parking lot and have halftime beverages and use the extra two tickets to get back in. That's the only way to do it. Make sure you get seatbacks, too, that way you can keep poors from trying to elbow into the space that you have paid for.

Definitely going to be a tougher year to get Tickets. Good Luck! Last year May 1st was the deadline for those renewing. So sometime in late spring should be when you can start getting paperwork in.

I just called the athletic office yesterday. They will put your name on a list and mail you an application when they become available. The guy said probably late March/early April.

Is it a smart idea to send a donation to the I-club if you are looking at becoming a first time season ticket holder. Will this improve your chances of getting them?

Is it a smart idea to send a donation to the I-club if you are looking at becoming a first time season ticket holder. Will this improve your chances of getting them?

It will improve your seating (but even that is subjective). I like to sit in the endzones, some people don't. I don't make a donation.

I would do this if I was you. Pony up the $50 (the minimum amount) and you will be able to order season tickets before the general public.

I think current season ticket holders have until May 1st to renew and then whatever is left goes on sale sometime in June. It will go by donation level and start on one day then drop a donation level each day until the 4th or 5th day when the general public can order (if any are still available) and if you are a member of the I-Club you can purchase your tickets a day before someone that isn't by paying the $50. Or donate $10,000 or more and be one of the first to order after current season ticket holders.

It will improve your seating (but even that is subjective). I like to sit in the endzones, some people don't. I don't make a donation.

I don't think he is talking about the donation for the seats but joining the I-Club and being able to get season tickets before non I-Club members. That is what I did 7 years ago and once you are a season ticket holder you are set to go every year after, it is just getting in that first year that could be hard this coming year.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about hawkeyescott. How do I become a member and where do I send the $50 does anyone know?

Definitely add two more seats. Then you can go out into the parking lot and have halftime beverages and use the extra two tickets to get back in. That's the only way to do it. Make sure you get seatbacks, too, that way you can keep poors from trying to elbow into the space that you have paid for.

rolf, don't know why I found that funny

So does that $50 donation go toward the donation you have to make for certain seats as well as give you priority in buying tickets?

rolf, don't know why I found that funny

Have you ever paid for 4 seats at Kinnick and tried to preserve territory with just two people in the seats? Poors are generally fat and have no respect for boundaries. By putting up seat backs, you can keep them out of your spots and have room for your soda, coat, foam finger, fannie pack, etc.

So does that $50 donation go toward the donation you have to make for certain seats as well as give you priority in buying tickets?

This is a kind of confusing way of explaining it, but it is right from "the horses mouth" so to speak. But to answer your question (if I'm understanding it right) the 50 dollars or whatever you donate won't go towards your total cost; it'll just get you in line ahead of the folks that don't donate.

If I'm following this thread correctly it goes something like this.

1. Donors, biggest to smallest.
2. I-Club donors
3. I-Club non-donors
4. General public

So if you join the I-Club and scratch a check for 50.00 bones you're killing two birds with one stone.

Somebody who is more familiar with the season ticket process will have to tell me if I've got the right idea or if I'm totally clueless. I'm looking to become a first time season ticket holder myself, so any input that would make the process easier would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Have you ever paid for 4 seats at Kinnick and tried to preserve territory with just two people in the seats? Poors are generally fat and have no respect for boundaries. By putting up seat backs, you can keep them out of your spots and have room for your soda, coat, foam finger, fannie pack, etc.

We have a group of 6 tickets together. We get the seat backs for the two outside seats. This way it acts as a buffer as people try to crowd in, or take the spots.

Latest posts