Season Tickets

I also just received my email stating that I received my 2 tickets. Been going for 15 years with my dad and didn't even think about the fact that I couldn't continue on his tickets if something bad happened. Very glad that I will be able to start to take my daughter to the games with me and start a tradition with her that I had with my dad for so long.

I received the email also, stating I was able to get (2) more tickets. I spoke with the ticket office and they are confirming who gets them, but the ticket rep. told me that they will not provide the actual seat number until later this month.

It's becoming pretty clear that the University values new season ticket holders more than existing ticket holders requesting extra seats. It's always good to have new blood in the stadium but it kind of feels like a slap in the face to those of us who have been ticket holders for years and can't get the extra seats we want.

Oh well, I've got 2 for the wife and I. I guess the in-laws will have to wait another year, or ten.

I also just received my email stating that I received my 2 tickets. Been going for 15 years with my dad and didn't even think about the fact that I couldn't continue on his tickets if something bad happened. Very glad that I will be able to start to take my daughter to the games with me and start a tradition with her that I had with my dad for so long.
Caven, you are right smack dab in Husker land and are a Hawks fan? Hows that working out for ya??

Received my email too. 1st-timer since I was a student. I'm 100% opting for the $45/ea seat backs!

Caven, you are right smack dab in Husker land and are a Hawks fan? Hows that working out for ya??

The desk at work is covered with Hawkeye stuff, there is a Hawkeye painted on the curb outside my house, I wear black and gold all the time and carry a Hawkeye golf bag - and if we lose the game this year I won't hear the end of it for at least a year.

Overall I don't have to deal with too much of the %$^&* behavior you find online. Heck even about half of the people I know will admit that they are really worried about how Nebraska will actually do in the Big Ten this year. Granted the other half think they will win the conference with no problem - we just need to prove that half wrong :) They do all think I am nuts for driving over to Iowa for every home game for the past 11 years.

OK...pretty cool. Just got off the phone with the athletic office. Two season tix secured.

Three payments of $280 (includes the $90 for seat backs) gets me in the gates this year. $53.57/ea without seat backs, $60/each with.

Oh wait....the "donation" part you say?....well, I'll find that out in 30 more days, along with the exact seating.

Last edited:
Congrats to all of the newbies,I personally feel a new ticket holder should receive season tickets before someone trying to add tickets especially the graduates.This is my 7th yr for season tickets (we have two)and can't think of a better place to hang out on game day than Kinnick.We tailgate at 6am regardless of when the game starts,see you there.

I think that extra tickets are more likely to stop being bought by older holders who have more than people who are new and have less tickets. For example, if a family has 2 tiks they are less likely to drop out all together than a family that has 5 and can cut that to 3.
So I think its makes for a lower turnover rate and less complication.

Also, some people may see it as "more fair" that the tickets are spread out over more families/businesses.

Latest posts