Season Tickets

Lyttonhawk

I filled out application for season tickets for the first time this season. If we do not get them will the university send out an email telling us so?

Last year i did not get them and was offered a 2 game package, so yes you will get an email eventually

They cash your check first and hold it so they can build interest on it and then if you are declined they give you the money back.

I filled out a new season ticket application this year as well. I received an email today that said I could apply for away game tickets through my account. I'm not sure if that means I will receive season tickets this year or not.

I received the same away game offer as well and that is what sparked this thread. Nice to know I am not the only one in this boat.

I filled out a new season ticket application this year as well. I received an email today that said I could apply for away game tickets through my account. I'm not sure if that means I will receive season tickets this year or not.

I got the same email Charleston. I'm pretty sure it's just a mass email to every address the ticket office has on file. If anything, I'd say it's good news that they've added all your info to the system.....

I applied for season tix on 3/29 on line.

I talk to people who have season tix and they advised me to watch my credit card statement as that will be the first indication you were 'sold' tickets.

Then you call the athletic office to ascertain exactly where the seats are.

I too received the away games email today. I think I'll wait until I see how the other scenerio went first.

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, but if you want those tickets you better have:
A. Only requested two tix
B. Be a graduate of the U of Iowa
C. Donate a hefty sum to get your points up
D. Request your seats in a "donation required" section.

If you can put a check mark next to 2 or more of those things you will have a definite advantage over everyone else. Last year i had every part but "B" covered and got them for the first time. Will be renewing them as long as i am alive!

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, but if you want those tickets you better have:
A. Only requested two tix
B. Be a graduate of the U of Iowa
C. Donate a hefty sum to get your points up
D. Request your seats in a "donation required" section.

If you can put a check mark next to 2 or more of those things you will have a definite advantage over everyone else. Last year i had every part but "B" covered and got them for the first time. Will be renewing them as long as i am alive!

A. Yes....only requested two tix.
B. Yes....1982 and noted on my request
C. No, but, did have season BB tix last winter
D. Yes.....in the $400/extra/per seat category

I seriously don't understand why it takes this long. I have requested tickets 2 years in a row and donated this year as well. From the email i got from the ticket department today, I am guessing I am not getting them again...

We are still working on that information at this time. We should know if you will receive tickets either at the end of this month or early next month. We will contact you when we know the options available to you. You have the opportunity to request away game tickets at this time, but we will contact you about the season tickets when that is known.

Today's email response from the ticket office regarding season ticket requests:

We are finalizing that information at this time so we should notify you within the next couple of days.

So....maybe we will find out by the end of this week or early next week?

FWIW: I found out on May 21--via email--that I did not get my 2 additional tickets this year (for the 2nd year running).

i requested one additional ticket, got denied today:

Due to the large demand for Hawkeye Season Football Tickets this year, we will be unable to fill your request for additional tickets. Requests for additional tickets were reviewed based upon the number of tickets currently held by the season ticketholder and your priority points standing. I am sorry that we are unable to accommodate your request for additional season ticket(s) for this season. Thank you for your continuing support of the Hawks,

Pam Finke
Ticket Manager

A. Yes....only requested two tix.
B. Yes....1982 and noted on my request
C. No, but, did have season BB tix last winter
D. Yes.....in the $400/extra/per seat category

I would bet on you getting your tickets....that should be enough priority points to make a dent.

Damn. Just got an email that I didn't get the extra ticket that I wanted. We have 4 and wanted to add another. Last non-donating section so that hurts but have had tickets for 10 years. Good luck to the rest of you.

I'm holding out hope since I didn't receive the denial email. I was able to check two of the four things off the earlier list. Most of my friends who submitted applications this year for new season tickets recieved the denial email, so I'm not overly confident, but you never know.

Good luck to those still waiting!!!

I'm holding out hope since I didn't receive the denial email. I was able to check two of the four things off the earlier list. Most of my friends who submitted applications this year for new season tickets recieved the denial email, so I'm not overly confident, but you never know.

Good luck to those still waiting!!!

Wow, just received the good news email. First time in 20 years trying for season tickets and we got two. Gave me the option of paying in full or a new payment plan where you pay them off over three payments. Here's wishing good luck to all those still waiting to hear. Good news could be right around the corner!!!

Just received a ticket notification also. Still doesn't say where my tickets will be just that I can purchase them. Priority points for being a graduate times 2 I'm sure helped me out.